Author Topic: I'm down the slippery slope!  (Read 3408 times)

Offline triumphcorvair

• Sly Jr.
I'm down the slippery slope!
« on: June 15, 2007, 07:38:20 AM »
Well I finally went sly last nite. :)

As you remember I got the barber to cut it as close as he could (for free!).

Then I used the HeadShed to remove the little hairs and stubble (Good stuff by the way).  I then applied the HeadSlick and got it good and lathered.  Next came the scary part.  I used the HeadBlade Sport and I was a little apprehensive at first because I didn't want a gash in the gourd.  I was amazed how it slid across the skin.  It was a little difficult to maintain pressure on the back of the HB as they recommend.  It tried to go with the grain first then against the grain but that got a little confusing.  So I just proceeded with great caution and it worked great.  I then followed up with the Clear Head to avoid bumps and such and it felt good although it stung a little...i guess it was working.

I then applied the Glossy Head Lube and I have to admit I like it.  The only thing is you can definitly tell that it was recently done since there is no color up there..yet.

Now the bad part.  My wife hates it!  She won't even talk to me now.  The problem is she said it reminds her of her mom who died recently from breast cancer.  She lost all of her hair from chemo.  She said I remind her of her mom every time she looks at me so it was a little chilly at my house last nite and this morning.  I told her that it will eventully get some color and for her to try to accept it.  Any advice?

I'm trying to be positive about it...I really like the freedom but I just wish she was on board with it as well.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I'm down the slippery slope!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 07:40:50 AM »
I know Schro would be the best one to chime in on the spousal support, (or lack thereof)

I would tell you to stay positive and continue on your chosen path.

Good Luck, this can be one of the biggest obstacles to overcome.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Koaa2

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:09:35 AM »
Congratulations, I know you will love it, like I do.

Don't let your wifes grief for her mother dampen your new look and feel. I don't think your wifes reaction is about you and your new look at all.

Might be a good way to discuss with your wife her feelings of loss and grief for her mother.

Good luck
"Wherever you go, there you are"

Offline triumphcorvair

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:34:23 AM »
KOAA2, Thanks for the insight...now that I've thought about it, it does make alot more sense.  She probably does have some unresolved issues that she needs to work out.

Offline Sooner Steve

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 12:04:12 PM »
Triumph.  First of all, welcome to the forum.  I went SLY one week ago today and it is nothing but positive.  I have had several comments on how much younger I look. 

Talk to your wife about it.  It sounds like to me she is still dealing with the loss of her mother.  Support her - get in counseling - I don't think it is the lack of hair on your head that is causing problems.  Cancer is tough - I know from family experience.  Death is even tougher - maybe the toughest opponent we face.  Stick by her.  She needs you.  Once she is passed her present crisis and sees how much you love your new look, I think she will support you.

Good luck and I will hold a good thought for you and more importantly your wife.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts." - Coach John Wooden

[img]http://tickers.Tick

Offline triumphcorvair

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 12:30:38 PM »
Thanks Steve.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 12:55:43 PM »
Way to go TC!  The guys have given you some great advice on your wife.  So, I think I'll defer to what they have said.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 01:49:21 PM »
TC congrats on the liberation! hopefuly your wife comes around to it after awhile..definetly give it 30 days though.....maybe try to see if you can discuss those unresolved issues and also be sure to explain how much this means to you and YOUR mental health/self-confidence...also grow a goatee it will lessen the "chemo" look that some people still associate with shaved heads...good luck and enjoy a nice drive with the windows down or a walk in the rain  O0
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 03:15:50 PM »
Death is even tougher - maybe the toughest opponent we face. 
Great saying Steve ... I may have to quote you on that on.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

jusbnme

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 08:24:54 PM »
Do what makes you happy bro and congrats.

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 11:36:05 PM »
Congrats TC and welcome to the SLY side!  Just be supportive of your wife and help her through her grieving period and then she'll likely be more positive about your new look.  Give her some time to come around.