Author Topic: Going through with it!  (Read 2956 times)

Offline triumphcorvair

• Sly Jr.
Going through with it!
« on: June 14, 2007, 08:51:16 AM »
Yesterday I received my HB Gold Package so it looks like I'm almost there!

My plan is to go to the barber and get a burr haircut (I have a crewcut now) so I have a good starting point.  My steps are to use the HeadShed first then on to the HeadSlick then use the ClearHead.  I'm going with the HeadLube Matte until I can get some "color" up there.  I also got a small tube of the glossy to try it out as well.

Just wish the wife was on board with it but we'll see. 8)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Going through with it!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 08:55:52 AM »
good luck. post some pics.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »
Yeah, pics
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 09:06:53 AM »
Yea, like Pig said...pics!

If your worried about the wifey...why not have your barber shave you totally bald and not just the buzz...cool experience to have the barber do the deed for you from a decent hair length ( or so i remember, that was a long time ago....)

Good luck dude!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 09:07:51 AM »

Just wish the wife was on board with it but we'll see. 8)

Six months into it, the lovely Mrs. Schro is still not on board with my sly look. Although it's disappointing she isn't, I've always maintained that I am doing this for myself, not anyone else. I love my new look and almost all of my friends agree that the sly look is much better than a horseshoe of hair. You need to maintain that attitude.

Cheers!
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 09:23:26 AM »
Good luck triumph you are on the road to freedom...Ditto on what BaldAndre said.  If you can get a barber to do the whole works for you, you can enjoy the experience and show up to the wife with the deed already done!  Once she sees how great you look and confident you are, she may get right on board.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline triumphcorvair

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 10:45:19 AM »
Hey Guys!

I work just across the street from the barber so  I called and told him what I wanted to do. He said he would cut it for nothing!  It took less than 60 seconds to go from shy to sly.    Doesn't look too bad either! O0

Tonite I'll put the finishing touches on it.  Thanks for all of the encouragement and well wishes.  I'll post pics when I can.

KALBO

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 01:28:11 PM »
Hey Guys!

I work just across the street from the barber so  I called and told him what I wanted to do. He said he would cut it for nothing!  It took less than 60 seconds to go from shy to sly.    Doesn't look too bad either! O0

Tonite I'll put the finishing touches on it.  Thanks for all of the encouragement and well wishes.  I'll post pics when I can.
Welcome to the SLY side, triumphcorvair! 8) Look forward to your pic and posts! O0

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
  • "This World is not This World"
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 02:27:05 PM »
welcome and congrats!!

cant wait to see those before and after pics!

O0

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 02:45:33 PM »
Awesome bro!  Have fun with it!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.