Author Topic: Avoiding Dents in Dome/Water Park Protection?  (Read 5786 times)

benlen

Avoiding Dents in Dome/Water Park Protection?
« on: March 25, 2013, 05:32:45 AM »
Hey guys,

One thing I will say about hair is that it works like a sensor in preventing us from running our heads into things, and protects the head/conceals any bumps we might get.

Now that my head is shaved, all that is out in the open, and I'm looking to protect my head, and especially protect it from myself.

Since shaving my dome, I've acquired a couple new dents, back towards my crown, from running into things: the ceiling, the glass door shower frame, etc. The shower frame is especially bad. When I wake up in the morning all groggy I'm not thinking about where I'm going.

The dents aren't big, circular things, but rather dents that look like lines that run back along the top of my head (in the same direction you would take your razor if you're running it against the grain). So far they aren't particularly noticeable, but I don't like them.

Questions:

1) How do I protect my head in the future and prevent messing up my head? Are their techniques to teach myself to be more aware? Are their products to help conceal these dents?

2) I'm particularly worried about water parks, particularly water slides where you lay on your back and your head is dragged along. I'm going to Florida in a week and am looking for personal stories/experiences concerning shaved heads and water parks/theme parks.

Thanks guys!

Offline Adamski1972

• Super Sly
  • Bald and bold!
Re: Avoiding Dents in Dome/Water Park Protection?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »
I've noticed this too. I think our head space awareness is a bit different when your bald. I have definitely bumped my head more since I went Sly. Wired ain't it!

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »
I recommend you don't move to Japan!  Low door frames all over the place, including (I can still remember the huge gash from this one) low metal frames on trains.
I'm so used to ducking under doorways that even when I go to visit family back home I still find myself ducking under door frames when I don't need to!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 09:50:06 PM »
I've done that many times myself, particularly on the fan housings in the coolers and freezers where I work. It's all just a matter of being constantly alert and aware of your surroundings.
Hair is over rated.

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: Avoiding Dents in Dome/Water Park Protection?
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 10:14:17 PM »
Ya know I never thought of my hair as functioning like a cat's whiskers lol but you are right - I have definitely taken a few additional knocks on the dome since going sly.

Never have been to a water park so I'm no use there.

As for the alertness, "Got coffee?"
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 01:01:23 PM »
my hair never helped me. I banged my head a lot anyways pre sly. as for water parks, I have always had the discomfort from head drag even with hair. I instinctively raise my head slightly andthat seemed to help

Enter your email address: