Author Topic: Acne on the Noggin??  (Read 3667 times)

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
  • "This World is not This World"
Acne on the Noggin??
« on: June 14, 2007, 01:11:50 AM »
hey guys,

So i noticed recently that i randomly started to get some acne on the scalp...near the front...

now im pretty sure that while i had hair, i didnt have any acne up there....im sure the new exposure to the shaving creams and the air in general brings about the acne...

has anyone else experienced this??
if so, what did you use to clear it up??
I've been a user of pro-active for my face, but a little apprehensive to use it on my scalp...

thanks!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Acne on the Noggin??
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 01:26:51 AM »
It could be from the weather getting warmer, which causes more sweat on the noggin.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 10:44:37 AM »
could also be the razor.

when you shave, do you pass over that area of your head? You could be dragging bacteria across from your razor and depositing it in the pores you just opened up with the blades.

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 09:55:50 AM »
Sorry to hear that Sticks.  I've had mostly the opposite reaction since I went Sly.  I do get the occasional zit/ingrown hair on my noodle, but that is due to me rubbing my head a lot I think.  Do you find yourself rubbing your dome a lot?  This my also contribute to acne on the scalp.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 10:10:39 AM »
leave out the headlube or moisturizers....when its warm out you really dont need it if you skin creates enough oils...i havent worn any for a couple months i noticed i dont get zits much.....
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 02:48:54 PM »
Acne is caused by blocked pores which can be caused by dirt and oils on the skin. You need to keep the noggin clean all day long. You can try using Bald Guyz Deep Cleanser to deeply clean the pores. During the day Head wipes work wonders. Try not to add any moisturizers that leave a residue or are very oily.

HBG

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
  • "This World is not This World"
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 03:53:27 PM »
Thanks for all the reply's guys!

I think it might be me touching the dome way too much (i like the feeling still!) and from all the sweating. Since i havent shaved for a lil over a week now, all the acne disappeared.

Need to stop touching the noggin i guess... :'(

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 04:03:36 PM »

I think it might be me touching the dome way too much (i like the feeling still!) and from all the sweating. Since i havent shaved for a lil over a week now, all the acne disappeared.

Sounds like you need to get yourself some gloves that you can wear so you don't get your dome all dirtly.  ;D
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 04:35:11 PM »

Sounds like you need to get yourself some gloves that you can wear so you don't get your dome all dirtly.  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 05:50:03 PM »
Hmmm, I had the opposite reaction. Maybe if you lay off everything but some good quality witch hazel like Thayers.

Offline Beer Barron

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 03:14:29 AM »

There is your next piece of merchandise Tyler.  White SBG gloves so that we can all touch our heads without fear of getting the dome dirty.   ;)

jusbnme

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 06:18:15 AM »

There is your next piece of merchandise Tyler.  White SBG gloves so that we can all touch our heads without fear of getting the dome dirty.   ;)

Good idea Beer Barron.  O0  But Tyler, make sure they have little soft bumps all over them so it's like getting a massage.  ;D

Enter your email address: