Author Topic: You might be sly ....  (Read 6295 times)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: You might be sly ....
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2007, 12:45:33 PM »
... if the discovery of a rough spot on your dome when you're on your way to work in the morning ruins your entire day.

You might be sly if you wreck on the way to work because you were attempting to shave a rough spot!

Why didn't you say something sooner man.  I totaled the car today.  There was this patch on the back of the dome I just couldn't let go.  ;D ;D ;D

Well, as long as you got that rough patch smoothed out, it's worth it.   ;D

That's exactly what I tried to explain to the cop but he didn't want to hear it.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, obviously, the cop was not SLY.    ^-^

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2007, 12:54:20 PM »
That's exactly why I carry an extra razor with me everywhere I go in my Headblade bag. If I find a spot I missed, I hit the nearest bathroom and take care of it!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2007, 01:49:51 PM »
That's exactly why I carry an extra razor with me everywhere I go in my Headblade bag. If I find a spot I missed, I hit the nearest bathroom and take care of it!

I never thought about doing that.  Sounds a little OCD, but on the other hand it also sounds like a very good idea.   Now you've planted the seed and I'm going to have to start doing this!!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2007, 01:58:41 PM »
... if you keep an electric razor at work just in case you find a "missed spot"!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 02:00:16 PM by Sgt. Pate »

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2007, 08:19:51 PM »
I'd been thinking of getting one those $10 battery powered jobs and sticking in the glove compartment.  At first I thought that maybe it was a little too much.  But now I'm having second toughts.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 08:42:54 PM »
... if you keep an electric razor at work just in case you find a "missed spot"!

This hasn't happened in a while, but I went through a phase where I was only shaving every other day -- and there were also a few times where I'd overslept and didn't have time to shave before I left for work in the morning.  Those are the days where you see somebody on the train or on the street with a perfectly slick dome and you're reminded that you've got stubble starting to sprout out everywhere.  One day when this happened,  I made it until about 10 am and I just couldn't stand it anymore.  There's a pharmacy in the lobby of my building, so I went down and bought a can of shaving gel and and a disposable Schick Xtreme 3 and shaved my head in the men's room.   I haven't had to use them in a while but they are still in my bottom drawer, just in case.  I'd forgotten that I even had them until I started reading some of these posts.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2007, 10:04:34 PM »
... if you have to go to Sly Weatherman Jim Cantore for your weather reports
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline froze

• Sly
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2007, 01:03:11 PM »
If you spend more time in the bathroom shaving than your wife does putting on makeup! :-\

Enter your email address: