Author Topic: How many times  (Read 1867 times)

Offline bald bandit

• Sly Guy in Training
How many times
« on: March 13, 2013, 09:54:50 PM »
Hello all my head and face shaving is really coming along, I really want to thank everyone for all the help. I am moving into DE shaving my face and it is coming along great, I got a bar of Razorock and this is my first shaving soap so I am getting use to the lathering. My question is if I get a good lather and do my first pass on my head do you guys normally have to reload soap on you brush to do your second pass and then your face? I don't think I am loading enough soap so  my lather is really not that thick and I am having to add more soap to complete my full routine. Thanks

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: How many times
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 04:11:28 AM »
I use teh RazoRock soaps for most of my shaves. I usually reload a bit.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 05:49:47 AM »
I've never had to reload, just use more soap at the start.

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: How many times
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 08:23:27 AM »
My lathering is coming along using razorock.

I use a boar brush, soak it probably a min or longer (if I remember to soak it while I'm in the shower). I then turn it upside down so it will drip and I guess I yo-yo once or twice gently to keep a lot of water still in the brush. Then I swirl it on my soap to load the brush for about a minute. I don't skimp on that. After loading I take it to my bowl and finish creating lather there, still sometimes need to add a little water. This actually gives me enough lather for three passes. I do relather my head fully each time.

Hope that helps!!
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline bald bandit

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 02:03:07 PM »
thanks a lot for the help, I think I have been shaking off to much water and not loading with enough soap. Will try a little harder tonight. How long does your soap last and what kind of bowl or cup do you guys and gals use? Thanks

Offline smoothsailing

• Sly
  • hairfree = carefree
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 11:15:23 PM »
Larger bowl/basin and more soap surface area = more lather I've found

I currently use a high walled coffee mug that retains heat really well in addition to a thinner and smaller bowl that I use for lighter shaving (my avatar).  While I enjoy the amount of lather I get, I did already order a larger scuttle that will really hold some lather/heat.  I'll probably be posting pictures of this monster when it arrives- it's a massive hand thrown scuttle from Germany!