Author Topic: 19 year old balding college freshman  (Read 15747 times)

Offline Knoggin

• Sly Gun
  • Sly Jr.
Re: 19 year old balding college freshman
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 06:52:13 PM »
Hello CaChew,

I agree with everyone so far. I think Briz has a particularly good point.

"At the moment the hair loss is controlling your life."

Once you shave it you'll find that YOU are now in controll. YOU made the decision. Do it my friend you will not be disappointed.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 04:23:23 AM »
Hope he's ok, no updates here for nearly a week now...

Offline vsG734

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 05:14:21 PM »
To CaChew,

I couldn't help but to log in after I read your story. Without throwing a pity party for you or me- life goes on- I needed to say my life went/has gone about exactly like yours. I'm 30 now.

I still struggle to this day. I used to have a picture posted here. I took it down for fear someone would find out how much I struggle.

One poster on here was right- today your life starts over. To be blunt, people only look at the surface. I feel nowso more than ever. I don't know why this is the case.

Just today I was sitting in a restaurant, and people couldn't stop staring at me and my damn dome. It gets old buddy. I could tell you the opposite side is true as well... one night I was at a bar, and out of nowhere a ridiculously hot blonde came up to me and asked for a one nighter. I asked if her friend bet her she wouldn't come up to me, but she insisted she didn't. Then I left to grab another beer at the bar and when I came back, my friend said she had come back to our table asking where I was.

I'll give you the best advice I have right here and now- get rid of stress. Accept that on the inside you are at least the same person, with a hurdle to jump each and every single day. But inside you are a set of instructions like those of a computer- your BIOS. They blink like an LED and won't fade. You'll have them until the day you die and nobody can touch that. Don't fear life, and don't let anyone tell you what you can and can't do. Don't cower to anyone, because if anything, you may have more testosterone coursing through your veins than they.

I noticed college may have worsened mine too. But the hairloss finally slowed. Well mine is pretty dramatic. What didn't slow was the downward spiral I still feel I am on. Don't do this to yourself. That's my advice to you. Your life is a gift. You're not broken. The people that make comments are. It has had me look at life in a different way. Now I find I've gotten into a bit of a hole... well a big hole... that I need to climb out of. Don't do this. Be strong.

Good luck, God Bless, and Happy St. Patrick's Day.

D

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 02:40:51 PM »
cachew,

Welcome to Sly Bald Guys.

You got some great advice from mikekoz, bluebriz and others.

After you take the plunge, your self confidence will improve a lot. Believe me, it did for me. We support you all the way.

Good luck to you.

Offline bababho

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 12:40:12 PM »
Hi cachew,
You are lucky considering this decision to shave off at 19. I continued through the whole of my college life with my balding head. I say go for it now. 
You need to understand that there had need cruel jokes and they will probably continue in college. College is the time to have fun and being a little different than others you will not be excused even after you shave. But you need to learn to shrug it off. The more you show others that it bothers you the more you will be subjected to such jokes. Their purpose is to make you agitated or sad and by not being so you will defeat them in  their purpose. When they will find that their jokes produce no results, they will slowly stop doing that or at least reduce their frequency. Just laugh it off or put forward a quirky riposte. I did it and found the jokes becoming milder and less frequent.
Another important thing to do is to share your problems with others but be careful with whom you share. Good thing you did was to open up here. Chose your friends wisely and avoid those who are not good to you.
Regarding girls, I feel that like boys, girls are also affected by the perfect 10 image that the media projects 24/7. Understand there will be differences and you need not pursue to be something that you are not. Your God loves you and He(or She[my preference]) ,  made you as He wanted you to be. Be patient and act confident in front of girls. Soon they will be tempted to roll their hands over your shaved head. Here in India we have a saying - The fruit of patience is always more sweeter. So wait for your girl to come and keep trying.

Read this(http://zenhabits.net/25-killer-actions-to-boost-your-self-confidence/), this might help especially the groom yourself part. It is from a bald blogger/healer Leo Babauta(http://leobabauta.com/bio).

Peace.