Author Topic: My HT Story  (Read 1646 times)

Offline ade

• Learning the way of Sly
My HT Story
« on: March 03, 2013, 10:14:19 AM »
My story . i recently got a hairtransplant last September 2012. The worst decision i have eve made in my young life. I had it done when i was 23, after only about 3 months of being bald. i noticed i was balding when i was 21, before then i was in love with my hair it was a big part of my identity and a source of confidence for myself,  so loosing it was very tough.

so i was tired of looking in the mirror and seeing my precious hair fall out, and i was tired of thinking and worrying about my hair 24/7. so i made a decision (the best decision of my life but i didn't realize it then) to cut it all off and go sly as you all know it. Going sly was different i felt weird and not myself. I was having a tough time accepting my new bald look so i then became desperate to get my hair back. i started looking up pills, shampoos, creams anything to try to get my hair back and then i finally decided to get a Hair transplant (worst decision)

I thought hair transplants would give me my life back, i thought it was going to give me back my confidence i once had. i WAS NIEAVE. I thought being bald was the reasons for all the wrong things in my life, i thought being bald was holding me back, instead i realize that i was holding my self back. so i got the HT and my life went for a turn for the worse.

the three months i was bald before the HT, friends, family, and women all gave me compliments on my new look, my sister even said that the sly look was a better look than my previous thinning hair look. The women department of my life never even took a hit due to my bald look, in fact i now realize women looked at me as a more dominant person when i was bald. it was as if i made that transition from boy to man. but unfortunately i could not see my self the way everybody else saw me and i thought HT was the answer and it sure was not.

Post Ht and the dreams that were sold to me have yet to come true, its been six months and i have poor growth thus far. Instead I'm stuck with this long ear to ear scar at the back of my head to no avail. i felt like the doctors misrepresented some things to me like the length of the scar and width. but i cant  blame anyone but myself because i was the desperate one.

Now i realize being bald was the best decision. i was free from the thought of hair for the rest of my life which was awesome. Now i only i hope to feel like that again. i have an appointment with a dermatologist tomorrow to discuss my options in remedying my HT blunder. i hope to have micro dermabrasions on my scalp where the hair was implanted because it has left my scalp skin uneven and rigid, i also hope to have laser hair removal of all the transplanted hair, and also hope to have fraxel laser on my donor scar. I hope this can bring e steps closer to normalcy as i have been living under hats for six months and i can finally be comfortably bald the way nature intended.

I'm happy i found this site. and i open to hear from anyone who has gone through anything even remotely similar and if anyone has any advice or tips for me.

ade
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:23:38 AM by ade »

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: My HT Story
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:38:56 AM »
Welcome to the club, ade. I hope things work out for you.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 11:13:34 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, ade!

I wish you luck with the dermatologist.I hope others in your past spot read this before making the decision to go to the brain washers that prey on men's wallets.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 11:33:15 AM »
Welcome to the Board!
thanks for sharing your experience ! It always sounds so good when the "Surgeons" talk about HT.
That all seemed to happend in a short time frame. Give your self some time to find your way.
I also wish you luck with the dermatologist.

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: My HT Story
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 12:55:08 PM »
Glad you sorted things out in your mind so you can pursue the things you love in life without being held back by the lack of some keratin on your head. Most women really aren't so negative to baldness now. We tend to see a shaven dome as much more attractive than a combover or the like. Anyways, best wishes to you!
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 03:45:18 PM »
Ade, first of all, welcome.

There are many here who have dealt with HT issues - and in different ways. I suggest you search for postings by ChgoBuzzBald and IllinoisBaldy for their experience.

Give yourself some points for recognizing now that HT is not the solution for you. You'll find the right fix.

I hope you will stay around because your story (and the ongoing updates) can be very helpful to others who are considering the same path.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 05:06:12 PM »
Thank you for sharing your story, ade!

I think it can provide answers for others who are thinking of going down the HT road.

I have read other stories like yours on here, but had never seen anyone with the scars and plugs... until yesterday.  The guy had buzzed hair so he pretty much looked bald.  He was a good-looking guy and I felt bad for him that he chose the HT path first.  There is hope as others on here have experienced some of the scalp renewals you have mentioned. 

Good luck to you, and keep posting and coming here for support.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 06:15:13 PM »
Welcome mate!

Thanks for sharing your story.

I hope it all works out for you.
Lynchy

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 06:43:40 PM »
G'Day Ade mate  O0

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for sharing your story with us.

Great to see you came back from the Dark Side and now enjoying your Sly freedom.

Good onya Ade!!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 07:33:17 PM »
Welcome, Ade! I wish you well at the dermatologist. But sharing your story is greatly appreciated, nothing like the voice of experience to share the misfortune of HT's. We have a few other members who are former HT clients, maybe one of them can offer you some advice to help you through this. Good luck and stay sly!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.