Author Topic: where 2 find the best gas prices in your area...check this out!!!  (Read 2042 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
hey everyone, 

we all know that gas prices suck.  but since we can't go back 2 the bonanza days of horses, just enter your zip code in the site below and it tells you which gas stations have the cheapest prices (or highest) on gas in your zip code area.  it's updated every evening.  i know it works in the USA.  not sure if it works in canada or other countries. let me know what u think and if it works in other countries besides the USA.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&spc=Net>

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: where 2 find the best gas prices in your area...check this out!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 03:45:43 PM »
That's cool!  Though, one thing to consider.  If it takes you 10 or 15 more minutes to save $5, is that really worth the amount of time to save that small amount of money?

For example, in my Honda Civic I have a 10 gallon tank.  Even if the price of gas is $0.20 higher than the place 10 min down the road, that only saves me $2.00 for 10 min of time/work.  Now, if I only made $12/hour, I'm breaking even, but if I make more money than that per hour, I've in fact made my time worth less.  Even in my Pathfinder, I've only saved $4 because it has a 20 gallon tank. 

I'm not trying to burst your bubble.  I think that's a great tool, especially if you happen to be heading in the direction of cheap gas or pass by the cheaper station often.  You now know that it's valuable to stop there, eventhough you may not need to fill up at that moment.

Just trying to give a lesson in the value of your time.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.