Author Topic: Take action before it's gone - news article  (Read 3713 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Take action before it's gone - news article
« on: October 16, 2006, 11:36:47 AM »
I found this article when looking through today's news.  This article starts out by saying that if you want to keeo your hair you should start treatments as soon as you notice that your hair is thinning.
If you're already losing your hair and that bugs you, the sooner you start treatment the better. "It's easier to stop losing hair, than to replace hair that's gone," says Dr. Richard Strick, a dermatologist and UCLA clinical professor of dermatology.

Before a hair follicle shuts down, it first gets smaller and produces finer hair. So when you first notice that the hair on the top of your head or at your temples is finer than the neighboring hair, see a doctor. "Once the follicle has shut down it's difficult, sometimes impossible, to re-stimulate," Strick says.

And then at the end the article does give some advice on if you choose to embrace your baldness, but there's one thing this doctor says that really pisses me off.

There's always another option: accepting your baldness. If you go that route, avoid long, compensatory ponytails or bushy beards. They don't make you look more virile. And don't drape long strands over your bald spot: There's no woman on Earth it will fool. "Be nice to us, have a good sense of humor, buy us a piece of jewelry now and then, and we'll embrace your baldness," says dermatologist Dr. Mary Lupo, medical director for the Lupo Center for Aesthetic & General Dermatology in New Orleans. "But whatever you do, don't comb over."

"buy us jewelry...and we'll embrace YOUR baldness"  WTF?  You can tell what a money hungry woman this is.  What about loving a man for what all that he is?  She apparently doesn't realize that most women find guys that embrace their baldness to have more confidence than a lot of non-bald guys.

Here's the article if you want to read the whole thing.  Too bad they don't allow comments to the article.
http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-he-hair16oct16,0,7540152.story

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
Re: Take action before it's gone - news article
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 12:53:27 PM »
Not going to read the entire article, it's never a good idea to tick off the Yeti! hehehe Thx for the info though bro.
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 09:02:59 AM »
I'll bet she's single and bitter.

Or if she is married she is a super-bitch. her husband probablly wakes up every day and says to himself "Why did I marry this spoiled psycho?"

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 09:05:13 AM »
How about we try to embrace the big butt you will get in a few years along with your military style crew cut becuase its "just so much easier that way"

Ok I would officially myself in the face if I had be around this woman.