Author Topic: Shampoo?  (Read 15650 times)

Offline Raulski

• Sly Jr.
Shampoo?
« on: February 14, 2013, 01:11:53 AM »
I'm a soap & water kinda guy. However, every once in a while, I take to shampooing & even conditioning my shiny head. I'm lead to believe hair products are good for the scalp as well, so this makes sense, right?
What are your thoughts?

Andrei

Re: Shampoo?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 01:18:47 AM »
Haven't used shampoo in a while. The soap that I use for my face is good enough for my scalp.
I replaced the shampoo and comb with shaving products :)

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 03:51:27 AM »
I try to treat my head like my face in terms of washing, but I use facial cleansers, always, rather than regular soap. 

I do tend to use an exfoliating wash on my head and a gentler cleanser on my face, though.  And I use a much stronger moisturizer on my scalp than on my face.

I've not tried shampoo or conditioner yet but I've got a LOT of it leftover from pre-sly so who knows one day? 

In general, my scalp seems a lot drier than my face, but I'm a female who doesn't shave my face, so it may be the act of shaving dries out the skin a bit.

The idea that hair products also treat the scalp does make sense (depending on the product) but I've been stuck having to use shampoo as regular soap a few times in a pinch in the past, and it never went well, so I'm not 100% sold on the idea.

Another factor to consider is are you shampooing/conditioning pre shave when you have stubble?  Because that I could see as completely logical, the conditioner especially will soften up the hair for shaving.

Offline Raulski

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 04:55:09 AM »
No. I always shower after my shave. I'm not sure of the wisdom of using hair stuff on the scalp (hence the thread); I don't have any particularly good or bad experiences. Just keen to get others' opinions. Thanks for your input :)

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 05:15:04 AM »
Most of the time I use the soap for my face on my head. I believe what works on my face does the same thing for my scalp but sometimes I would use shampoo, the ones with menthol just as an extra treat for my scalp.
Nice avatar, I am having some head envy on the smoothness of your head, great shape too.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 06:00:02 AM »
I'm still shampooing because I find it dislodges the accumulated oil quite well. I'll reassess that when the shampoo bottle is empty, but that's going to be a while.

Raulski, I agree with Kalbo. Great look.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 06:33:24 AM »
Unlike you I shave after a shower.  I use regular bar soap in the shower & a loofah pad to scrub my scalp & morning stubble.  I then put some hair conditioner on it to assist in softening up the stubble for the shave and lather over that in preparation for the shave.  I usually wash my scalp at least one other time during the day, particularly after work and for those washes I use a mild anti-bacterial soap, Cuticura is my brand of choice.  It is important to wash the scalp and keep it clean, what ever product you use, because from my experience "Keeping the Dome Clean, Keeps it Clear!" 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 07:51:56 AM »
I flip flop between Head and Shoulders, Noxzema and exfoliant. It depends on how much my scalp has been exposed to the elements; as I work in dust a lot (I do wear a hard hat and dust mask, but bald heads still sweat ;D) Nice look without the facial fur, Raulski! (though it looked just as good with)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 10:17:44 AM »
I do shampoo my head daily and use an exfolliant at least once a week. Lately I have been using headblade headwash which I like.

Raulski, your new picture looks great. Great looking dome also. I want to keep working on my technique to get my head is smooth as yours.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
I use to use Head and shoulders but I have switched over to Selson blue with Aloe.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Raulski

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 03:45:53 AM »
A lot of variety here. I guess it comes down to "what works for you".
Geez, you guys lay the complements on thick (not complaining 😀)
Keep that up & I won't have to shave soon; my head will outgrow my hair...

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 08:44:51 PM »
Count me in I still use shampoo my hair does grow back but then I end up shaving what little I let grow back I use a duo formula shampoo + conditioner in 1. [anti dandruff for me] The shampoo washes and cleans the dome and the conditioner make my dome soft and softens the hair for my shave. Its great before the shave for prep while in the shower and after the shave for a clean shaved head cold water rinse make the dome shine and have a glare by the light.

Offline MrsCostanza

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Re: Shampoo?
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 06:39:42 PM »
And what does your wife think of you using her expensive shampoo on your bald, shiny dome? ;)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »
Uh-Oh....I think we know who "Mr. Constanza" is now ;D ;D
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline MrsCostanza

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 02:00:18 AM »
Uh-Oh....I think we know who "Mr. Constanza" is now ;D ;D

Hahahahahah!!
:D

Enter your email address: