Author Topic: should i shave my head? please help  (Read 9731 times)

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
Re: should i shave my head? please help
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 07:55:37 AM »
Welcome hope it all works out for you. I think you will feel a lot better with no hair since you are worrying about having hair. Again hope it works out for you O0

Offline ben1989

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 11:48:49 AM »
hello guys.

Firstly i would like to say thank you for your support.

If you have already seen the picture below you will notice that i didnt have my hair cut too short.

I feel like i have let you guys down a little bit by not going for the short buzz as intended. The thing is i got too the barbers and told him my plan and about my worries over baldness, and he said that my hair wasnt too bad and maybe i should go for a shorter style, he said he could always shave it afterwards if i didnt like the shirt style, but i did like it.

It made me think that maybe i should make the most of the hair that iv got whilst iv got it, because when its gone its gone forever.

Id like to thank you all for the support and words of advice that you all gave me and for making me feel welcome, i just dont think im ready to be bald yet :S

bless you all.

peace

ben

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 11:58:44 AM »
Hi Ben,

Really like the hair and in my previous post this is kind of the style I meant. I used to have mine like this and it's a great style. The shorter style at the sides and back make the top look thicker. The previous style you had, like I said in my original post, showed you were receeding but this cut really works for you and makes the hair look a lot thicker, you look like a different guy.My tip is keep the style maintined and keep it short now.

Don't worry about letting people down that you have never met, or in the future those around you that may not give you the advice that you want. Always always do what's best for you.

If your hair is receeding then you may have to revisit shaving it off in the future, or over the next few years go shorter. - remember I said I had my hair like you new cut, well now I can't so my advice is make the most of it whilst you can! However just take it as it comes and don't stress!
My 2nd piece of advice is don't worry about it or let it affect your confidence.

good luck buddy and still post here. New blood on the forum is good!

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:01:41 PM by isleepinthebuff »

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 12:03:10 PM »
Great Statement and it looks good this way !!!
If you are not ready yet, that perfectly fine ! And you still have some up on top there (jealous) ;)

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 12:34:56 PM »
It made me think that maybe i should make the most of the hair that iv got whilst iv got it, because when its gone its gone forever.
Verity of verities--but at the end of the day the danger is holding on and waking up one day with a combover--think Donald Trump, I know bad visuals, really bad visuals.  With that in mind--at least you understand the process.

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 01:18:52 PM »
Don't feel like you're letting us down!

Sounds like your dilemma had a happy ending -- you're happy. And you look great!  So we're happy!

Andrei

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 01:22:22 PM »
Ben, the photo looks good.
So, as long as your happy then it's great ;)
Though, if you have any second thoughts you know that all you need is a good razor (or a visit to the barber)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 09:21:32 PM »
Ben, the cut looks good, man! As long as you're happy, we're happy! Remember the concept of this site is to help people keep their heads up about hair loss...not to necessarily shave their head. Hair or no hair, still keep in touch and post often!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline ben1989

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 05:48:02 AM »
I am going to continue to post here.

Im sure i will need all of your opinnions again in the future.

And you seem like a great bunch of people, hard to find that on the internet these days

:D

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 08:23:25 AM »
I like the hair style too, I had the same one for years.  But it does look like you may be receeding some, maybe its time for a buzz cut  :)

Offline MarkMusicNYC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 09:27:31 PM »
I think your new haircut is a MASSIVE improvement over what you had. With this new cut, the eyes are drawn to the tight sides, which makes the temple recession less noticeable and makes what you have on top look like more. Totally classic cut.

Guys that are experiencing the first pangs of hair loss often try to compensate by growing out what they have, which just draws more attention to the balding areas. The trick is to go shorter.

Offline ben1989

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 01:38:48 PM »
hello once again my sly friends
thanks for all commenting on my post in the past.
as you will remember i didnt quite go with shaving my hair before but i did attempt a new style which a lot of you agreed you liked. I liked it my self only when the hair grows out from that style even a little bit it starts to look a mess again. in my opinion anyway. and i couldnt afford to have it re cut every few days to keep it looking the way it did.

so i went out and brought some hair clippers and gave myself a grade 1 all over.... i kinda like it... what do you guys think?
i might go for the grade 0 next time :D

so none of my friends have seen my new hair yet and im a bit worried about the reaction i might get from the ladies but i hope it works out.

any opinnions you guys have i would love to hear.

so what do you think?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 02:23:45 PM »
Hi Ben, The buzzcut looks good. As far as the ladies go, I can tell you that I have received numerous positive comments since I shaved off a full head of hair, most from gals! If you decide to shave, it will grow back to your current length in a few days. The ladies seem to really like the shine on my head.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline g_bald

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Bald IS beautiful... and it will always be so!
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 02:41:39 PM »
I think the tight buzz looks great, I have been a big fan of the really short buzz cuts for a long time. I think you'll find that you're going to go to a #0 soon enough and then perhaps a #00000, in which case you're so close... you will feel the shave pulling you like an electromagnet!  ;D
-gary-

Offline ben1989

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 02:50:55 PM »
thanks for the replies guys

hey reddog i hope i have as much luck with the ladies then :D

and g_bald, i think il be hitting the 0 sooner rather than later :D

im thinking of growing a little facial hair too

what you reckon to tht?

Enter your email address: