Author Topic: Healthy Eating  (Read 9290 times)

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
Re: Healthy Eating
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 11:55:07 AM »
Always eat a good breakfast !  Oatmeal is great lowers Cholesteral gets your system going !  Fruit, I love Blue Berrys great antiodidants !  Also love fish, salads long as they have some good cheese, and meat in them lol.  As saintc stated in a post stay away from salty items and things that are canned etc.. Have alot of sodium.  Which retains fluids !  Some people add salt and eat chips and dips, and pop all full of sodium which fill's your body full of fluid , your blood pressure goes up and pay the price.  Also along time ago a old guy said to me , son eat like a dog, eat small bites and when your full take a drink of water and go out and chase something  :*))  He does have a point !   O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 04:30:44 PM »
"But in today’s dehydration-phobic, water-worshipping, compulsive drinking society with Big Gulps, coffee and tea breaks, and Supersized drinks – not to mention health authorities making us all “scared saltless,” I strongly suspect that the problem of too little sodium and too much fluid is the more common problem."

http://180degreehealth.com/2012/12/your-body-is-mostly-water-not-exactly

it helped me to increase salt and drink only when I am thirsty

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »
Sodium is like crack to me.  I genuinely like the taste of overly salty pre-packaged foods. 

I do notice the fluid retention, mainly in my fingers.  I can tell looking at my hands whether I overindulged in the salty the day before. 

My mom has the same love of sodium and now struggles with hypertension and eats some really bland food as a result.  I'm trying to use my horror of unseasoned chicken and rice (true she could use a lot of other non-salty spices to create flavor but she won't for some reason) to motivate me to lay off the canned soup a bit. 

But...soooo tasty....   :D  Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup is my ultimate comfort food. 

Tonight I compromised -- wanted to eat something nutritious and fresh but also wanted to celebrate a successful business meeting.  So -- freshly made salad with grilled steak.  And a liiiiittle salt.

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 05:42:31 PM »
Bella you got my stomach rumbling now. Love a fresh salad and a good steak also ummm :*))

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »
Homemade broccoli soup tonight, plus tossed salad. Olive oil and vinegar dressing.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 07:22:18 PM »
I am the original meat and potatoes guy.

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 03:54:06 AM »
I'm steering clear of grains at the mo so have been having a post exercise breakfast of scrambled eggs with chives followed by some fruit.

Taking some homemade butternut squash, parsnip and carrot soup in a thermos for lunch on the road at work today, hope it's nice as I have a fridge full of the stuff, the ingredients went further than I thought!!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 05:30:27 AM »
I'm steering clear of grains at the mo so have been having a post exercise breakfast of scrambled eggs with chives followed by some fruit.

Taking some homemade butternut squash, parsnip and carrot soup in a thermos for lunch on the road at work today, hope it's nice as I have a fridge full of the stuff, the ingredients went further than I thought!!
That sounds like my eating plan. No sugar and nothing that turns to sugar quickly. Good fats. No processed foods by the 'food giant' industry. Make it all from scratch.