Author Topic: Healthy Eating  (Read 9445 times)

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
Re: Healthy Eating
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 11:55:07 AM »
Always eat a good breakfast !  Oatmeal is great lowers Cholesteral gets your system going !  Fruit, I love Blue Berrys great antiodidants !  Also love fish, salads long as they have some good cheese, and meat in them lol.  As saintc stated in a post stay away from salty items and things that are canned etc.. Have alot of sodium.  Which retains fluids !  Some people add salt and eat chips and dips, and pop all full of sodium which fill's your body full of fluid , your blood pressure goes up and pay the price.  Also along time ago a old guy said to me , son eat like a dog, eat small bites and when your full take a drink of water and go out and chase something  :*))  He does have a point !   O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 04:30:44 PM »
"But in today’s dehydration-phobic, water-worshipping, compulsive drinking society with Big Gulps, coffee and tea breaks, and Supersized drinks – not to mention health authorities making us all “scared saltless,” I strongly suspect that the problem of too little sodium and too much fluid is the more common problem."

http://180degreehealth.com/2012/12/your-body-is-mostly-water-not-exactly

it helped me to increase salt and drink only when I am thirsty

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 05:21:26 PM »
Sodium is like crack to me.  I genuinely like the taste of overly salty pre-packaged foods. 

I do notice the fluid retention, mainly in my fingers.  I can tell looking at my hands whether I overindulged in the salty the day before. 

My mom has the same love of sodium and now struggles with hypertension and eats some really bland food as a result.  I'm trying to use my horror of unseasoned chicken and rice (true she could use a lot of other non-salty spices to create flavor but she won't for some reason) to motivate me to lay off the canned soup a bit. 

But...soooo tasty....   :D  Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup is my ultimate comfort food. 

Tonight I compromised -- wanted to eat something nutritious and fresh but also wanted to celebrate a successful business meeting.  So -- freshly made salad with grilled steak.  And a liiiiittle salt.

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 05:42:31 PM »
Bella you got my stomach rumbling now. Love a fresh salad and a good steak also ummm :*))

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »
Homemade broccoli soup tonight, plus tossed salad. Olive oil and vinegar dressing.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 07:22:18 PM »
I am the original meat and potatoes guy.

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 03:54:06 AM »
I'm steering clear of grains at the mo so have been having a post exercise breakfast of scrambled eggs with chives followed by some fruit.

Taking some homemade butternut squash, parsnip and carrot soup in a thermos for lunch on the road at work today, hope it's nice as I have a fridge full of the stuff, the ingredients went further than I thought!!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 05:30:27 AM »
I'm steering clear of grains at the mo so have been having a post exercise breakfast of scrambled eggs with chives followed by some fruit.

Taking some homemade butternut squash, parsnip and carrot soup in a thermos for lunch on the road at work today, hope it's nice as I have a fridge full of the stuff, the ingredients went further than I thought!!
That sounds like my eating plan. No sugar and nothing that turns to sugar quickly. Good fats. No processed foods by the 'food giant' industry. Make it all from scratch. 

Enter your email address: