Author Topic: Can I pull it off?  (Read 5060 times)

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
Re: Can I pull it off?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 07:33:17 AM »
Things I think you will find:
  • Huge relief (part 1) from hair worries – whether it’s thinning or graying or moving hairlines.
  • Huge relief (part 2) from hat worries (this may not apply) – where is it?
  • Huge relief (part 3) from weather worries (this also may not apply yet) – wind which may blow a combover the wrong way, rain which causes thin hair to become stringy.
  • Ease of maintaining - you'll always have the same great look.
  • Surge of self-confidence (part 1) – which I thought was most surprising.
  • Surge of self-confidence (part 2) – freedom to do things which “hair terror” prevented – like swimming or standing in a room underneath a bright light with your scalp glowing through the remaining hairs.
  • Reallocation of time previously spent obsessing over hair to more fun endeavors (you can figure out this list on your own).

although I didn't believe that those points would be true for me I can approve them now - and I think the new hair cut looks good on you. It took me about a week to get used to my new looks - so take some time and don't rush things - if there is no reason to shave and you find out that you are happy with your new haircut keep it that way - try the 30 days rule because from my experience I can say that in the first week I went through a lots of feelings about my new haircut and now 3 weeks in I am really happy with it

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 08:12:37 AM »
 You are almost there, so go for it  - -It grows back if you don't like it  - - -Once you are there you never go back - - -Enjoy it  - -it is a wonderful feeling.

shavedhead88

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 08:34:53 AM »
Thanks! I didn't expect to get that many nice replies. I'm feeling really good about myself right now ;D
I'm going to keep the zero buzz. I just feel like that's what I'm supposed to look like. Not everyone likes my new shaved head but I think it's just the drastic change that shocks people a little.

My receding started a few years ago, but it's proceeding quite slowly. It's just that I go through phases where I'm shedding hair like crazy and that really freaks me out. I once asked a dermatologist about it and it's just genetic hairloss. So yeah... at least now I'm prepared for when it gets worse. I've always thought that shaved heads look good, so I'm really glad I can pull it off too.

I might shave it to the skin soon, haven't decided yet. Really enjoying the zero buzz right now.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 02:52:26 PM by shavedhead88 »

Offline StrengthBeyondStrength

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Be there no question of certain strengths.
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 10:13:55 PM »
Hey man. I had trouble accepting little minor imperfections about my face, head and general facial appearance at the start. A couple of replies later and I set my mind to only thinking that I looked bad-ass :XX You definitely look cool with the hair real short, don't worry about the little things and just focus on the big picture and why you're doing it. O0
Be there no question of certain strengths. Know
This intention. Forever stronger than all.

Offline slane

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 10:27:05 AM »
Going bald is nothing to be afraid of... it took me a while to realize it was happening to me because I had been wearing my hair short for years as it progressed.  Took me by surprise at first!  I'm also 24.  As for being skinny and pale, well, wanna start a club? lol.

You're gonna find that having no hair or very little hair is much easier of a lifestyle, honestly.  I'd echo what others have said before me in this thread.

Andrei

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 11:37:57 AM »
IMO the #0 buzz looks great.
Enjoy the look and when you plan to experiment more... get the razor out. I'm sure you'll like the outcome.

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 05:07:59 PM »
Welcome to a great site. Your look suits you very well. If you shave it bald and don't like it , you will be back to the look you have now in no time. Good luck!

Offline merase

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2013, 05:07:02 PM »
Frontier Guy makes a lot of valid points. I suggest that you try the 30 day challenge, just to see if you like it. If not, you still have a sufficient amount of hair to let it grow back.

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2013, 10:19:27 PM »
Yes, you can pull it off. It will grow back to this length in a week. You would look completely natural and kind of BA with it smooth.