Author Topic: Just got headblade  (Read 3391 times)

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
Just got headblade
« on: June 06, 2007, 04:30:11 PM »
I just got the headblade sport 3, what is the best way of using the headblade with out cutting myself, and how should i use the headslick, iam a little scared but i havent decided weither is hould give it a try tonight, i didnt shave with my mach 3 today because i dont know weither i should give the headblade a try tonight.

Offline BigJeffrey

• Sly Jr.
Re: Just got headblade
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 04:33:06 PM »
Go for it.  Sieze the day.  The early bird catches the worm.  Anyway, just take it slow the first time or two while you get used to the different kind of handle.  It doesnt' take much of the Headslick to get the job done.  Just rub in on your dome really well and it will kind of lather up.  Then just shave like normal.

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 04:54:57 PM »
the first few times you need to be very aware of pushing down on the front.

Once you get used to it, it becomes old hat.

Also, you may want to do your first time on a Friday night, so you have all weekend to heal before work on Monday (in the event you cut yourself)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 05:30:23 PM »
Hey fcb..check out the HeadBlade 101 video, it gave me some helpful advice when I first got mine.  Just remember not to rush it, keep the pressure on the wheels, not the blade, and use your other blade for around the ears and tricky spots until you're comfortable.  Good luck, let us know how it works out.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

jusbnme

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 06:06:53 PM »
Yeah bro, main thing is to NOT put any pressure on the front part of the HB.  Keep it on the back of the blade such as where the wheels are.  As a matter of fact I got into the habit of lifting my ring finger off of the HB entirely just to make sure I wouldn't press down on the front.  It worked well for me.  The other thing is to take it slow.  There's no rush and watch around the ears.  I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but I pulled my HB out of "storage" last night just for the heck of it.  Man that thing gets closer than anything I've ever used.  It's just that I feel I can't trust it.  One wrong move and ouch.  I know I've been a back and forth guy about the HB but I have to admit it is a superior blade as far as a close shave.  And you can't get a better shaving cream like HeadSlick.  Don't everybody jump me at once but I may be switching back to the HB. 

Offline LiveStrong

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 08:52:01 PM »
Well instead of starting a new thread, i'll just chime in on this one.  I just got my headblade sport in the mail and used it for the first time today.  wow wow wow!  SOO much better than the mach3, but also i think the headslick and headshed made a big difference as well. 

My old routine was to use neutrogena daily face scrub before shaving (which is pretty good stuff), gillete shaving gel and mach3.  It worked ok at first but ive been getting razor burn more and more it seems.  PLus i was flying through the blades and they cost a lot. 

I didnt cut myself at all, i just took my time.  Its the smoothest shave i've had yet and NO razor burn.  I used the matte lotion afterwards. 

I am very pleased with the headblade  O0

Offline LiveStrong

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 08:54:02 PM »
Oh and i watched the video on headblade.com before i shaved as well.  It takes a lot of self control to use this thing the way you are supposed to, it will take time for it to feel comfortable probably

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 09:13:34 PM »

I know I've been a back and forth guy about the HB but I have to admit it is a superior blade as far as a close shave. 

So have I.  I haven't been using it lately, though.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 09:31:14 PM »
iam going to try it monday night, i work friday, saturday and sunday, i work 12 hour shifts, just in case i cut myself , i have tuesday, wenesday and thursday for it to heel before going back to work next friday night

Offline tazdog

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 09:55:54 PM »
yeah i started with the headblade. big thing take your time and no pressure on the front. i haven't used it for awhile, switched to using electric. good luck!! it does work good!!

Offline Darrell

• Sly Jr.
  • Official Kilt of The United States Marine Corps
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 04:15:13 PM »
fcb2001,

Very little I can add. You might try going with the grain first to get the feel of using the HeadBlade. Then, if you feel confident using it, go against the grain (provided that you usually shave against the grain.)

Darrell