Author Topic: The "Hairy Eagle" Problem  (Read 6528 times)

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
The "Hairy Eagle" Problem
« on: January 22, 2013, 06:53:54 AM »
I have a significantly sized eagle (32" by 17") on my chest, shoulders and part of my belly. Like most men I grow hair on my chest, not a lot but enough for the eagle to seem that it had traded in feathers for fur after a period of regrowth. I shave it every week or so and have for some little while now but...I began to wonder if it wouldn't be easier if I just had it lasered off? I understand lasers and how they can be set but...I wondered if anyone had done something like that or if you have any sort of chest piece and a layer of follicles over it how you handle the problem? My eagle is all in blacks, grays and shading which makes it a bit easier. Just not much. Suggestions? Thanks, Guys...

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
Re: The "Hairy Eagle" Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:35:30 PM »
Sorry I don't have any real advice, but am interested to hear how you get on.

I have a very hairy chest/back and would like to have it tattooed at some stage.

Cheers
Lynchy

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:48:49 PM »
I am no expert hear but would love to hear how it goes for you. Hope you find a solution O0

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 03:46:35 PM »
Ming is a touch nonplused.

His Imperial Exaltedness has never given much thought to the Imperial Chest Hair.  It's just there.  Like the thatch that nestles near the Imperial Junk.  Ming lets these do what they want to do, and razoring is a neck-up matter, nothing lower.  Life is too short to devote time to manscaping when rebels need to be crushed and populations need to be oppressed.

Is Ming missing something here?  Is there some kind of link between SBG domework and torso-tonsures? 

Offline TxTa2Guy

• Sly Jr.
  • Bald By Choice since August 24, 2009
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 06:42:35 PM »
I have talked to laser technicians about removing hair from tattooed skin. All have said that the risk of significant damage to the tattoo is near 100%. The hair removal often takes two or three sessions. And the hair is not removed forever, but rather takes some maintenance.

I had thought about getting my chest and head hair removed and then getting the tattoos redone, but I think my artist might try to kill me for ruining his work.

A big problem with laser hair removal is that it does next to nothing to grey and white hair and that is about all I have now!

If I had known how much I was gonna love my tattoos, I would have had all of my hair exterminated when I was young and dark-haired, before I got tattoos.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 08:31:09 PM »
The Hairy Bird !   :*)) Sorry I have the answer braid the hair to look like feathers. O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 12:06:44 PM »

His Imperial Exaltedness has never given much thought to the Imperial Chest Hair.  It's just there.  Like the thatch that nestles near the Imperial Junk.  Ming lets these do what they want to do, and razoring is a neck-up matter, nothing lower.  Life is too short to devote time to manscaping when rebels need to be crushed and populations need to be oppressed.

Is Ming missing something here?  Is there some kind of link between SBG domework and torso-tonsures? 

Have fun storming the planet! I'm just proud of my bird and the cojones it took to get it when I was over 70. Think of it as the prize I got for slaying Cothoinide outside the Zork Nebulae. Only a few of us survive, much lest with our chests in tact.

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 12:16:29 AM »

Thread is a bit old, but I'm catching up and this really needed to be quoted just for it's awesomeness. Carry on, good people.

Oh heheh, as a member of the hairy tattoo'd ape club, I just shave the necessaries and be done with it.

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 04:59:43 PM »
Almost makes one consider a tattoo of something that the hair would complement
MikeC

Offline freckleddome

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 04:40:19 PM »
This thread made me laugh.  Well said Ming.  Remind me to stay out of your way while populations are being oppressed.

Hey Blitz, I believe TxTa2Guy is correct.  A girl I work with has a tattoo on her leg and then she got laser hair removal.  The laser technician accidentally "nicked" the tip of the tattoo and it really messed it up.  Good luck to you!

Offline djones

• Guero Pelon
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 12:00:26 AM »
I just run clippers over the hairy tattoo areas, ain't nobody got time for razor rash below the neck
Semper Paratus!

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 07:40:57 PM »

You are missing something here. As you well know, we have your troops tied down on the planet Zort as well as taken control of Comets Cloaca Maxima and Effluvia. Manscapped my Eagle reigns proud when, bare chested, I will receive the beard from you chinny chin chin.

Best regards,

Emperor Aubergine the Dynamic

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2014, 01:19:05 AM »
I have the hairy eagle problem on my half sleeve. I am having laser hair removal done now, and they won't touch the areas where I have tattoos.  Not only could it damage the tattoo but the laser might react with the etals in the ink and actually start smoking.  Wish I would have done it BEFORE I got inked!

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 12:12:24 PM »
I have the hairy eagle problem on my half sleeve. I am having laser hair removal done now, and they won't touch the areas where I have tattoos.  Not only could it damage the tattoo but the laser might react with the etals in the ink and actually start smoking.  Wish I would have done it BEFORE I got inked!
We never know in advance everything that might evolve as the result of one action. IF I had even considered that this was going to be troublesome then, yeah, like you I would have been scalped in advance. But when it when on over several days, it was shaved and the obvious, that it would regrow, never occurred to me. And in other ways I'm more than ordinarily bright. Someone suggested that, when I had nothing to do, I find some tweezers and pluck out the fur but somehow...I'm not sure about that. Certainly it solves the problem but I'd rather no explain why I've got Hair here and not thar? Sorry, couldn't resist.