Author Topic: should I shave?  (Read 14521 times)

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
should I shave?
« on: January 20, 2013, 04:29:39 PM »
I have a full head of hair, and I think I objectively look better with hair, but I have always been obsessed with being BALD.   I've been wanting to shave my head since I was 15 and I'm 30 now.

I had the back and sides of my head shaved Saturday and it feels FANTASTIC.  I really want to go all the way and lose the top but I'm also kind of terrified.  I've re-shaved the back and sides twice since I got home from the barber and I LOVE IT.

What should I do?  I'm self employed and don't need to worry about that but... it's a big step to take.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
Re: should I shave?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 04:40:42 PM »
As nearly all the other members in this particular subforum would say: "If you have the itch, scratch it!"  O0  It'll grow back soon enough if you end up not liking it.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »
Well heres what I say if you love being sly on the sides and back then the choice is  simple go ahead and shave it all off if you love it that much. There are a few guys on here that are bald by choice and they love it so go ahead and shave your head if you love it that much O0

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 05:17:16 PM »
G'Day Bella mate  O0

Welcome to the Bastion Of Baldness!

Why don't you just give it a try Bella, like the the others have said, you can always grow it back, a luxury you have. if you don't like it, no harm, no foul.

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 05:36:52 PM »
You guys are so kind!   I am thisclose to firing up the clippers.

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 05:37:20 PM »
Embrace it. If you really know you love the sides being shaved. Go all bald!

Its not a once in a  lifetime opportunity, you can take sometime to think about it. No one is rushing you.
And remember SBG has a lot of tips that you can study before jumping into it. And welcome!
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 05:46:22 PM »
I have clippers, shaving cream and a few disposable multiblade razors.  Any reccs on how to proceed to Sly?

I have quite long hair so I'll definitely need the clippers.  I figured I'd buzz with the clippers with no guard, then soak my head in some warm towel/shave cream, then just let loose with the razors.  Anything missing??

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 05:51:17 PM »
I have clippers, shaving cream and a few disposable multiblade razors.  Any reccs on how to proceed to Sly?

I have quite long hair so I'll definitely need the clippers.  I figured I'd buzz with the clippers with no guard, then soak my head in some warm towel/shave cream, then just let loose with the razors.  Anything missing??

Buzz it as close as you can get it with the clippers, then wash off the excess hair, then soak your head with warm water, then apply shaving cream go with the grain and then against the grain, wash your head off, and apply something to control  breakouts (I use seabreeze) and then rinse your head with cold water or ice to close the pores. All you have to do is post a picture and your done O0

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 05:56:05 PM »
I am doing this!  You guys are awesome!  More news soon!   O0

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 06:07:04 PM »
I'm all clippered and mostly to sly.  Towels are soaking in hot water.  Love it!

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 06:16:21 PM »
Good for you! Get it done and show us a pic! Glad your taking that extra step and really going sly.
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 06:20:53 PM »
Okay, I am sitting here with some shave cream soaking on my head.  The first razor only  got maybe 10% of my stubble.  They are 3 blade disposables and I have plenty. 

Any other ideas?

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 06:28:14 PM »
Shave it all. Did you soak your head and use pre shave lotions or anything else?
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 06:28:53 PM »
I will think of somethings to do for you and will message anything I can come up with

Offline bella

• Sister Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Sister Sly
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 06:32:12 PM »
Got 90% of the stubble. soaking with some more shave cream and a hot towel.  New razor in ten minutes.  In love already!