Author Topic: Can you guys believe these "Hairlosshelp.com" jerks?  (Read 20693 times)

benlen

Can you guys believe these "Hairlosshelp.com" jerks?
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:50:53 PM »
Okay, so every once in awhile I stumble upon a topic on hairlosshelp.com, and honestly, all I can do is shake my head and sometimes. These guys have some really bizarre opinions of shaved heads. Obviously, they are a community of hair transplant/rogaining/hair transplanting wannabes (I don't say this in a negative way, that's just who they are) and I once browsed their forums, and I look at their discussions and think of what a contrast it is to the positivity and good nature of our forum. On their forum, they are often negative and extremely fearful of baldness, and hate on bald guys. Just read some of these excerpts:

Quote from: JerkNumeroUno
I mean really it's not like it [shaved head] looks any better. In fact you can see the horseshoe shape form on them even worse. The lighter hairs are more prominent. So why do they do it? I feel embarassed for them.

Quote from: JerkNumeroDos

Now I see so many balding young guys who would have been considered conservative mainstream in the 90s (yuppie types), and they ALL shave their heads. And why ? Not as a statement bucking the mainstream, but because they THINK they are hiding their hairloss by doing it.

They are slaves to the shaven head image (just as much as NW 2-3 guys here are about preserving their hair) , and live in constant fear of their hair growing out and revealing their MPB. They just lost the MPB battle early, and figure the next best thing to do is simply shave it all cueball slick to HIDE the dreaded old-fart "horseshoe fringe". There is NOTHING brave about it for most; it's just another insecure reaction to MPB and they do it because it's fashionable (meaning there are so many other dweebs doing it, so "why not" they say ?) There is nothing courageous about that.

All I can say to these guys is, what? How is shaving your head in any way not a brave act? WTF? Their logic seems totally messed up.

What do you guys think?

Link to topic: http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=44410

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Can you guys believe these "Hairlosshelp.com" jerks?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:01:29 PM »
That thread is 7 years old now...before SBG had even been created.  A lot of perception has changed since then.  With that said, there are still a LOT of guys on that forum that don't get it and are searching for the holy grail to getting their hair back.  Only if they realized that going Sly is the holy grail.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 04:27:57 PM »
That thread is 7 years old now...before SBG had even been created.  A lot of perception has changed since then.  With that said, there are still a LOT of guys on that forum that don't get it and are searching for the holy grail to getting their hair back.  Only if they realized that going Sly is the holy grail.

It shouldn't be about getting your hair back it's about being FREE of hair related concerns and worries. And no hair = no concerns and worries = freedom.

I've had a brief look at the site and it looks pretty sad.

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 04:36:59 PM »
I came upon a few threads from that site a while back and wow, what a miserable environment they have over there!  Almost all of the posters seem sad or angry and obviously never got over their hairloss in a healthy manner.  I'm pretty sure not one thread there is positive or constructive.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:38:03 PM »
Have to agree with Gary on it looking sad where is the bright and cheery colors???

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 07:07:45 PM »
Besides, I don't know anybody who thinks shaving hides hair loss.  That's not why we do it.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 09:15:32 PM »
They are just scared of our awesomeness.

Some people view their hair as the most important thing in life. Fools!
Lynchy

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 09:43:42 PM »
They are just scared of our awesomeness.

Some people view their hair as the most important thing in life. Fools!
Absolutely ^^^^^^^^^^^right!

Besides, I don't know anybody who thinks shaving hides hair loss.  That's not why we do it.
Also Absolutely ^^^^^^^^^^^right!

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 11:16:45 PM »
Wow. I had never seen that site before, but after a look around at the forums, it's quite sad. Not to mention a bit scary. There are threads there, I kid you not, one link separate between "Finasteride made my junk stop working" to "Oh my! hair loss! Here's a link to buy some Finasteride"     Tha hell?  :o  Priorities, people!

One pretty major difference I noticed is that on this forum, more than half the members have a real life pic up for their avatar. On that site....NONE NADA ZIP. It's quite telling actually. If they have their situation under control using the drugs and rugs, why be ashamed to post a real pic? Our sly brethren here don't seem to have much to hide.

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 11:48:29 PM »
Wow. I had never seen that site before, but after a look around at the forums, it's quite sad. Not to mention a bit scary. There are threads there, I kid you not, one link separate between "Finasteride made my junk stop working" to "Oh my! hair loss! Here's a link to buy some Finasteride"     Tha hell?  :o  Priorities, people!

One pretty major difference I noticed is that on this forum, more than half the members have a real life pic up for their avatar. On that site....NONE NADA ZIP. It's quite telling actually. If they have their situation under control using the drugs and rugs, why be ashamed to post a real pic? Our sly brethren here don't seem to have much to hide.

Sorry to repeat myself again but Vodoo speaks the truth. I'm thinking of joining their forum because they obviously need someone to set them straight but I reckon that hanging out there even for a little while would be such a downer -- still I might do it and post a proper avatar also.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 09:42:17 AM »
These types of guys are everywhere. Don't let it ruin your day.

Live by my motto instead:
"
There are dumb asses everywhere, don't let a dumb ass ruin your day".

Let's move along to better things.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 12:47:40 PM »

"
There are dumb asses everywhere, don't let a dumb ass ruin your day".

O0 AMEN !
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 03:26:19 PM »

"There are dumb asses everywhere, don't let a dumb ass ruin your day".

I think your right there.

I spent some time over there yesterday and there's a couple of trolls and some pretty nasty people. Quite incredible what people are willing to go through to get hair drugs though.

Returning to this forum from that forum is like returning to sanity [from insanity].
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:28:27 PM by Gary~ »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 07:03:06 PM »
Some people enjoy being miserable.  Just leave them to it. 

Offline killingmesoftly

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 10:03:55 PM »
I come from that background. I can saw a couple things.

1. There are SOME happy people on those sites, and some good people too. However, the environment is toxic compared to here. Believe of not, the difference is almost palatable.

2. There is a lot of money being made over there. Some of the more skilled surgeons can do some good work and some are even honest guys, however, they don't really stress how temporary the results can be. I started loosing my crown 2 m

Enter your email address: