Author Topic: 17 year old beard  (Read 8580 times)

Offline Erase

• Learning the way of Sly
17 year old beard
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:11:39 PM »
Pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/y7a2s.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0XXG4.jpg

As you can see, my beard is very far from the point at which you would call it a full beard, which is the point that I seek.
On the second picture, you can see my beard from underneath. Sadly, I have a relatively bald spot right there. Will this ever fill in?
And is there an average age at which people are able to grow a full beard?

And do you think it would be better if I just shaved it all off and waited until I could actually grow a full beard? Note, it looks slightly better in real life, than one the pictures, don't know why though.

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
Re: 17 year old beard
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 01:32:42 PM »
Just clean up the cheeks a bit and don't worry about the bald spot. No one's going to notice. I would actually shave off the bit on the neck, it distracts from the goatee. What you can pull off at this point is... whatever it's called when there's a thin beard/sideburn line and goatee. I don't remember the style's name.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 01:43:07 PM »
You have grown it this far, hate to admit this but at 17 I never had that much hair.   ;D  If you have the want to grow it brush it .  There are smaller hairs there and they will come in time.   All Beards are a in TIME thing lol.  Spots fill in that you never thought would.   ;) O0 8)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 01:44:25 PM »

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 03:25:55 PM »
Yes, things fill in as you grow older. My own started very much like what you have now.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 05:01:14 PM »
Lynchy

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 10:01:51 PM »
Just clean up the cheeks a bit and don't worry about the bald spot. No one's going to notice. I would actually shave off the bit on the neck, it distracts from the goatee. What you can pull off at this point is... whatever it's called when there's a thin beard/sideburn line and goatee. I don't remember the style's name.

It's called a chin strap. And I think it would look very good on you Erase  O0

Pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/y7a2s.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0XXG4.jpg

As you can see, my beard is very far from the point at which you would call it a full beard, which is the point that I seek.
On the second picture, you can see my beard from underneath. Sadly, I have a relatively bald spot right there. Will this ever fill in?
And is there an average age at which people are able to grow a full beard?

And do you think it would be better if I just shaved it all off and waited until I could actually grow a full beard? Note, it looks slightly better in real life, than one the pictures, don't know why though.

That bald spot wont be noticeable to anyone else unless you are like 7ft tall... haha. So don't sweat it, it'll fill in.

I started growing my full beard out, at about 20 years of age or something, but it all depends on the individual. You will know when the time is right and like Bear, you've already got a huge leg up on mine at that age.