Author Topic: 504 Timeout Errors  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
504 Timeout Errors
« on: January 10, 2013, 11:58:50 AM »
If any of you are getting 504 timeout errors, please let me know by sending me an email tyler (at) slybaldguys.com so that I can get more information from you.  Or you can post here if you're still able to.

If you do get the errors, make sure you are going to http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf to access the forum. You can also try http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php

I've checked my DNS settings and everything appears to look good, but if any of you do this type of stuff for a living and can provide me with any tips I'll be very appreciative!

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 504 Timeout Errors
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 01:14:16 PM »
One thing I noticed and e-mailed one of the Mods about--I could get to the site and navigate on my phone with Tapatalk without any problem.  I only occurred on the PC, mines a HP with DSL service.  Let me know if there are any techy things that may be available on my machine that I can relate back.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:16:48 PM »
I've had it occur, but only on a handful of occasions, a refresh or going back always fixes it. I've had it using the "show unread posts" function and after clicking submit to posts, yet to lose a post this has happened on. I only surf the forum on my home pc.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 11:26:47 PM »
I think I may have identified the problem and fixed it.  Let me know if you are still getting them.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.