Author Topic: Been Balding Since 14  (Read 6655 times)

Offline Sheogorath

• Learning the way of Sly
Been Balding Since 14
« on: January 10, 2013, 10:19:46 AM »
Alright, not sure this is the right section but oh well. If it isn't I'll remove it or...something. Anyway, on to the sad part.

I've been lurking in this site for a while, so I decided to post my sotry, tos ee if I'm not completely alone.

I'm 16 now, but I've noticed a receding hairline when I was 14. It's been slowly going back now, to the point I have to use a longhairstyle to hide it. However, in recent times it just has been going faster and faster. I'm an NW3 now.

It's just...devastating. I always think how much time I still hgave before it's totally noticeable, but it feels liek my life is over past that point. I've gone to a dermatologist and he gave me Minoxidil for the front of the scalp, and so far no good results, and because of my age I can't take finasteride, either.

It triggered so early because of my mother's MPB genes and my father's high testosterone, and...well. I will affect me greatly as it's already, a lot. Sometimes when I see a few strands on my pillow, computer or even when I spot one mid-fall, it's just pure depression.

Now, I wore a buzzed head for four years or so from when I was 9 to 13, when I was in military school (They actually have the best education in my country), and it didn't look very good. I finally grew my hair and styled it a lot when I was 14, and very recently got a girlfriend, liek last week in fact.

I made the big decision to show her my hairline and tell her of my problem, and how it could eb very soon I'd have to shave it all off, and she said it was fine, but...I've read so many stories of people who shave their heads and their partners leave them. Besides, I'm only 16: The chances of these lasting a logn while are not exactly big. What about afterwards?

Anyway, that's kind of it...I don't expect my relationship life to last very long past this point, at least not until I'm 25 or so where today hair loss is a bit more acceptable. I have the normal plan of keeping my long hair until it starts being too bad, then shaving it all off...But still, auto confidence nears zero. MPB might be a little more normal today but not so early...

Offline leighmundo40

• Super Sly
Re: Been Balding Since 14
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »
Try not to get too down about it. Firstly, it might not be as extreme as you think it is, we see stuff in ourselves that others dont.

Secondly, there is SO much more to a person than their hair. A nice smile, a good personality, kind nature. Far more important in a relationship that what is going down on the scalp!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:08:39 AM »
Welcome! You are not the first teen to experience hair loss, but it doesn't have to be the end of the world. As long as you exude confidence and are happy with who you are, that will be a winner with ANY girl that isn't superficial. Any girl who leaves you over hairloss or having a shaved head isn't worth the time...Good luck, keep us posted and feel free to ask any questions!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 11:43:06 AM »
Sheogorath, I know at the moment hair feels super important, but the truth is that it really isn't to anyone but ourselves. As far as the relationship goes, if she says she doesn't mind, then believe her, it might do wonders for your confidence to realise that she likes you for you!

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 01:43:22 PM »
Welcome mate.

There are few around here that started losing it nice and early, just like you.

Life is not over, you WILL be fine, and meet and date many ladies.

Buzz or shave it down and be free!
Lynchy

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »
G'Day Sheogorath,

Welcome to Sly Bald Guys mate  O0

At the moment at your age...you feel like it's the end of the world as you know it, you will have to become a Monk and live the life of celibacy......

My fellow Sly Brother Lynchy has put it well. YOU WILL be fine, you really will be Sheogorath mate.

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 07:19:30 PM »

At the moment at your age...you feel like it's the end of the world as you know it, you will have to become a Monk and live the life of celibacy......

Though of course, Monks have the tonsure.

It'll be fine. Shave your head and you'll feel a surge of confidence. I'm not even balding, but I still felt the confidence from shaving it off.
And aside from that, if a girl leaves you over hair, that's good, because she wasn't worth being with in the first place.

And if that felt insulting and you got defensive towards your girl, thinking "She's not like that!" Then good. That means you are confident in her, and have no relationship based reasons to keep the hair.

Offline Sheogorath

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 08:24:37 PM »
Thanks for the great support guys  ;D

I actually had a talk with her a couple hours back, sayong as I can be a few months, if not weeks away to shave it, and she said it was fine because what she really likes in me is the personality, the eyes and the smell(I know, weird).

My plan will be keeping the long hair just a little bit more for a concert that's not far away, than buzzing it all off. Hope I look good with it!

Thanks guys, and you'll surely hear more about me!

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 08:27:53 PM »

I actually had a talk with her a couple hours back, sayong as I can be a few months, if not weeks away to shave it, and she said it was fine because what she really likes in me is the personality, the eyes and the smell(I know, weird).

My plan will be keeping the long hair just a little bit more for a concert that's not far away, than buzzing it all off. Hope I look good with it!

Good Job Mate!
Lynchy

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 08:44:22 PM »
Way To Go Sheogorath  O0

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 11:42:44 PM »

Way To Go Sheogorath  O0

Welcome to the family mate, I started noticing my MPB at around the same age as you, but waited until I was 25 to do something about it, I wish I'd been suggested to shave it all off sooner, because the  idea never came to mind until a family friend who is also sly suggested... no told me, to do it haha. Took me some time to make my own mind up, but I got there in the end and I've never looked back.

As the guys said above, keep us posted mate, and don't forget to take a before and after pick so you can look back if you want too in the future!

And for the record, going sly has only improved my relationship and dating experience, as it has for many of the other guys here, if only Paul was still around haha, he could tell you all about it!

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 02:57:17 AM »
Awesome choice mate!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 03:18:41 AM »
Two parts. Buzz it off. Then shave what's let off too. The difference from bus to shave looks almost the same, but the shave on the noggin feels fantastic. It keeps me going back to the razor daily .

Enter your email address: