Author Topic: For Tyler  (Read 4200 times)

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
For Tyler
« on: January 09, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »
Tyler I have to type this quickly so apologies if it makes no sense

All afternoon, and much of yesterday, I was getting '504 gateway timeout' when I tried to access most topics/posts on the forum. Its been grinding my gears like you wouldnt believe.

Right now, I can get into all of the subjects/topics/posts I click on, but the problem is sporadic. In a couple of minutes, I might not be able to get into anything again.

I dont know if this is an ongoing problem, but I googled the 504 response and I found this, maybe it will help?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/504error.htm

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
Re: For Tyler
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 03:34:49 PM »
p.s. the only link that has been working consistently is the 'forum' link on the top right hand side of the page (home, FORUM, blog...). On just about all other links, I've been getting this 504 timeout thing. Its been happening since I got here to Pensacola, and it was also happening in Miami, on both my ipad and laptop.

Most times, I havent even been able to log in. I've now clicked the 'keep me logged in' option, so that seems to be working ok

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 11:55:35 AM »
Thank you for letting me know.  Are you still seeing the errors?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 01:02:38 PM »
Yes, sporadically. Sometimes, for a long time, I can only see the front page of the forum, then it's like someone flips a switch and I can access everything, but it usually only lasts a few minutes before I can only access the front page again

Also - and this could be ignorance on my part - when I can suddenly access individual posts after a long period of not being able to, the posts I read are full of outside links. A lot of the words within the posts are underlined twice with yellow lines, and if I touch one of the highlighted words (I'm on my ipad) I'm taken to an outside website, usually a sex site. If I then go back into the same post with the links in it and refresh the page, the links no longer appear.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 01:11:59 PM »
Thank you for letting me know.  Are you still seeing the errors?

It seems to be clear here too, now.  For what it's worth, it started doing the Gateway timeout routine intermittently yesterday. 

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 05:54:14 PM »
Its just taken me 52 minutes to log in. Literally

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Re: For Tyler
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 06:10:08 PM »
Did you get an error?  Can you describe what happened?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 07:07:50 PM »
When I click on a link, it just hangs and hangs, and eventually the screen changes to a blank white screen and it just says '504 gateway timeout' on it.

After I posted that it took me 51 or 52 minutes to log in, or however long it was, it was then another 30 minutes or so before I could access any other posts.

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 07:20:42 PM »
 Running smooth on my end  ................ 8)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Re: For Tyler
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 07:28:49 PM »
BBC, are you on a PC, tablet, or phone?

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 07:50:10 PM »
laptop PC and iPad and its exactly the same on both

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 08:43:57 PM »
FYI, slymyke is having the same problem tonight.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012