Author Topic: I have sinned  (Read 11017 times)

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
I have sinned
« on: January 09, 2013, 01:15:47 PM »
My current work contract is about to end and I had to go in and do interviews today to get the next one lined up, so I ended up shaving the slowly coming along beard. My face feels so naked now, but at least not maddeningly itchy. I did keep the goat though. Hell will quite literally freeze over before that ever gets shaved.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I have sinned
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 01:48:15 PM »
Dude... Lot of grey in there for such a young man. Ex-wives will do that to a man... I know because I have two .
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

prixmo93

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 01:58:45 PM »
Looks good!

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 02:27:06 PM »
Dude... Lot of grey in there for such a young man. Ex-wives will do that to a man... I know because I have two .

So so true. I've been tossing around the idea of hittin the bottle to fix that up. It's mostly laziness that's kept me from doing it already.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:56:20 PM »
Looks good IMO.
Lynchy

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »
Haven't seen what the beard looked like......but the goat still looks good. Good luck with the new gig!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 04:30:38 PM »
I think the grey looks fine. I wouldn't colour it.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 04:55:59 PM »
Looks good IMO.

I second that opinion. And I'd leave the grey alone. It looks good and besides, it gets to be too much trouble to maintain if you you decide to keep coloring it.
Hair is over rated.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 05:13:22 PM »
Dude... I was kidding! DOn't color that grey... that's sort of like doing a comb over.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 05:17:04 PM »
Looking good man. I will have to sin myself come the summer, off to the sunshine to get married so I'll go down to the goat again as i don't want to get a beard shape tan line incase I have to get rid of the beard for job purposes (I'm constantly looking to change my job! lol).

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 07:04:41 PM »
Thanks guys. It killed me to shave it. I've been wanting to grow out the beard for a while now. But I was looking way too ragged for contract interviews.

And no worries about coloring the goat. Like I said, it's a thought, but the reality is I'm too lazy to do it and maintain it lol

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:57 PM »
It probably doesnt take long to do it, but its the maintaining it that I would imagine is the problem. A few grey hairs never look bad on a guy, whatever the age.

Not that this is in the least bit relevant, but its kind of odd how I (and probably lots of us) are very passionately in favour of having a hair free head, yet I (and lots of us) would rather die than have a hair free face :D

You couldnt offer me enough money to have a naked face.

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 07:18:51 PM »
It probably doesnt take long to do it, but its the maintaining it that I would imagine is the problem. A few grey hairs never look bad on a guy, whatever the age.

Not that this is in the least bit relevant, but its kind of odd how I (and probably lots of us) are very passionately in favour of having a hair free head, yet I (and lots of us) would rather die than have a hair free face :D

No kidding. I haven't seen my chin, well the primary one, since I was 15 years old. Not even sure I still have one under there. It's just going to have to stay a mystery, because the goat doesn't come off.

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 07:22:10 PM »
Same for me. I first grew mine around 20 years ago, and since then, I've had a moustache (on its own) a couple of times, but generally I havent seen my chin since day one. The goatee morphs into a full beard from time to time but I cant remember the last time my chin saw daylight.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 12:26:51 AM »

I've been coping a bit of flack recently over my beard, it tends to happen from time to time. It's got to the point were some people have queried if I'd shave it off for money. I've set the price at $1000 to go clean shaven, no one has accepted the offer. People scoff until I explain the time and money invested in growing it to this length.

Would I actually shave it if I was presented with that money... I honestly couldn't say, but I know it would still take some arm twisting.

The one time since I was about 19 that I have shaved my beard was when I was forced too for work, they quoted it was in the rules, but wouldn't show me where it was. I fought them on it for months, but one day I was sent home from work before my shift started, and at the time I was young, and needed the money to get to uni, and really it came to the point it didn't feel worth losing ym job over. So I shaved it off. That day I told them once they saw me clean shaven that I was utterly embarrassed and we were going to have to come to some kind of agreement, on and there was the part about me being totally furious and refused to talk to anyone for the rest of my shift (was sent home to shave then return to work).

Now that I look back on it, I probably really should have done them from discrimination or work place bullying, something like that, and made a packet off them. But as a 23-24yo university student, I personally didn't have that kind of money.

Anyways, the agreement we came to is that I could grow my facial hair however I wanted as long as I supplied my own beard net, and that it didn't interfere with my work. So I refused to work any more customer service shifts, and stayed in the kitchen.