Author Topic: Football (Soccer)  (Read 7253 times)

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
Football (Soccer)
« on: January 07, 2013, 04:55:32 PM »
Anyone into there soccer (I hate calling it this but may be easier as I know there are a lot of Americans on here!)??

Lifelong Aston Villa fan here for my sins!!

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
Re: Football (Soccer)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 04:59:48 PM »
Love watching the kids playing Soccer, it has been a real sport here in the US. 
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 05:06:40 PM »
I've been following the MLS from afar, it seems to have really taken off over the last few years and getting some good crowds and rivalries, especially up in the North West. I know it'll never threaten the big established sport but I actually think one day the MLS will be one of the big leagues in the world. The league really needs to entice that first high quality player over who is still in his prime, not all the over the hill stars.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 05:28:32 PM »
I've been following the MLS from afar, it seems to have really taken off over the last few years and getting some good crowds and rivalries, especially up in the North West. I know it'll never threaten the big established sport but I actually think one day the MLS will be one of the big leagues in the world. The league really needs to entice that first high quality player over who is still in his prime, not all the over the hill stars.
;)  It has picked up in many country's.  My neice's , nephews, and daughter played.  And many others (family) !  Love it ! :)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 06:10:49 PM »
 Only got into it when my son played...............as a kid NOBODY played soccer here, but in the last 20  years it has gotten quite popular.

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 06:51:57 PM »
I'm not a football fan at all. Rugby is my game, and I like watching cricket (assuming Australia isnt kicking our arses as per usual!) but football is sporting Valium for me.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »
I love seeing kids out playing sports no matter what kind !  Instead of playing games on the computer !   O0 That there is the good old days ! ;) O0
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 10:02:19 PM »
G'Day Gearhead  O0

Gunners fan here mate 

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 10:12:31 PM »
Messi got the ballon d'or again, best ever!

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 12:03:53 AM »
I'm not a football fan at all. Rugby is my game, and I like watching cricket (assuming Australia isnt kicking our arses as per usual!) but football is sporting Valium for me.

I've never much cared for soccer either. As a kid I used to wish we had rugby where I came from. It just seemed awesome to me. Anyway, I came from one of those tiny stereotypical Texas towns where as soon as you were big enough to walk, the shoulder pads were slapped on and you had football coaches screamin in your face. It wasn't optional.

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 01:27:51 AM »

Been a few years since the Aussies kicked our arses at cricket!  A few innings wins for us in the last Ashes down under, and we won the ashes before that too!

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 01:33:23 AM »
I know. But I have a long memory  >:D

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 02:20:38 AM »
G'Day Gearhead  O0

Gunners fan here mate

The Gunners eh ?

They play around the corner from my house. You can hear the noise from stadium - just about !

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 03:51:43 AM »
Lifelong Everton fan here.  I was a season ticket holder for years before moving to Japan.  My dad took over my seat but I still watch all our games online or on tv.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 05:49:42 AM »
Messi got the ballon d'or again, best ever!

That guy is great. Come to think of it that whole team is pretty darn good.