Author Topic: 20 Years Old and Bald  (Read 9284 times)

Offline Ray Ray

• Sly Guy in Training
20 Years Old and Bald
« on: January 06, 2013, 05:18:33 AM »
Hey everyone, I've been on this site awhile but i haven't given like a in depth view of why i went bald and my feelings an experiences from it and from being so young i hope to show other young guys that its not the end of the world losing your hair.

From when i was about 15 i always had my hair long, as i was part of the rocker/emo culture, so all my friends had their hair long, and it was just the norm. When i hit 19 i started to notice my hair was a lot thinner then usual and then one of my friends took a picture while i was turned around and i saw thinning on the back of my head which i never notice before so i starting to hugely panic.

And i went through the same thing I'm sure all of you went through, my self confidence hit the floor, i was constantly checking my hair to see if it was looking okay, looking at my friends hair an asking 'why me', for a full year i hid in a hat, literally everywhere i went i wore a hat. It stopped me going out with my friends clubbing because i was to scared and embarrassed on how my hair looked.

Then i got a job which forced me to have my hair on show, so i cut it a bit shorter and while i was throwing a drunk out of the pub (i worked on the bar) he said something that crushed me, the guy being in his late 40s he said i might be old an drunk but at least i have more hair on my head then you. And i'll admit that night when i got home i cried because realization hit me. A couple of weeks after, my hair fell out, due to the amount of worrying and stress i put myself under about losing my hair, i indirectly caused 70% to fall out. So i was forced to shave it due to the patchyness.

And i admit at first i hated it from having long shoulder length black hair for 5/6 years i went to being bald is a huge change and the face staring back at me in the mirror was a stranger to me. But i saw my friends and they reacted the best way they could they told me it looks 100% better and within 10 mins we was just acting how we used to, of course i was a little self conscious but it just took time. People have all told me that it suits me and i look much better, its also helped me make a change in my life as well losing my hair helped me reinvent myself, i started working out and eating healthy, i started sleeping better as i didn't have the constant worry about my hair. I wasn't checking my hair constantly in the mirror, i guess you could say i felt 'reborn' and stress free.

And majority of guys first thoughts when they are losing/lost their hair is if they will be attractive to women, well i can say from my experiences it increased my love life, which is a huge positive. You will get some girls that are shallow enough to make a comment on your lack of hair but they aren't worth you time.

All i can say to any young guy or even older guys that are losing their hair, don't hide behind a hat or stress over it, shave it off and i promise you that you will feel a 100000x better. I wish i would have when i was 19 rather then spending that year hiding under a hat.

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL :)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 20 Years Old and Bald
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 06:02:01 AM »
Great story, Ray Ray! Nothing more needs to be said, thanks for sharing!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BBCnorthants

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 06:31:09 AM »
Great story, and you look great too. From a personal perspective, I think baldness (by choice or by nature) is something a man can and possibly should embrace. It makes a man distinctive, and amazingly for many to believe, it can be a great confidence boost.

I wouldn't have it any other way. Rock on, Tommy.

Offline boston501

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 06:36:29 AM »
thanks for your great story. stay confident and bald

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 11:05:50 AM »
Your bald head wisdom shines !  Thank you for sharing that excellent story.  I wished you were my young bald brother when I went through the premature balding phases !  Take care mate and hope you keep posting such postitive words of bald widsom !

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 11:10:34 AM »
You are far wiser than I was when I was 7 years older than you are now. 
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 11:23:11 AM »
Great written story .   O0 8)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
G'Day Ray  O0

Welcome mate!
Thanks for sharing your story, a great intro.
You have a great attitude.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 03:26:01 PM »
Thanks for sharing Ray
Lynchy

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 06:17:15 PM »
Welcome back Ray, and thanks for sharing your story!

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 07:44:05 PM »
Welcome Ray ... yet another terrific experience from a young guy who takes control of the situation, and realizes how many things in life improve because of it.

It is a great look for you. Thanks for sharing.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 10:26:30 PM »
Hi again Ray. Anyways, yeah, I think you were meant to be bald. You look awesome. There's this bald guy at my church, looks like a total bad@$$. I picture him with hair, which is somehow easy, and it just seems wrong. Pretty much the same here.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 01:32:50 AM »
Welcome to the bald brotherhood Ray. Thanks for sharing another inspirational insight on being hairfree. You wear bald really well. Your wisdom is way beyond your years. I like comparing getting rid of your hair to being reborn. Accepting and rocking the shaved dome is like getting rebirth.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline lordpeich

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 06:10:36 AM »
Bald is a nice look for you.

Andrei

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 12:41:25 PM »
Ray, haven't seen a before picture, but saw your avatar, and it's a great look for you.
Enjoy!

Enter your email address: