Author Topic: Headshaving and Diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia, how to...  (Read 12703 times)

Andrei

Re: Headshaving and Diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia, how to...
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 06:19:47 AM »
Welcome dupadupa!

If you would look at your photos without taking into consideration that they are your own photos, you would see a guy with a great head shape and a cool haircut.
So, enjoy your new look and consider improving it with a razor. It will help with the shadow too.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 09:15:34 PM »
Welcome aboard! Your head looks normal to me, but shaving it was a good choice!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:06:07 PM by SlySirHarry12 »
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline dupadupa

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 04:04:10 PM »
Hey guys, thank you all for your positive comments.

I went outside this week and friends of friends think I shaved my head. And judging from this, the only people I that know my condition besides family and close friends are dermatologists/bald enthusiasts/etc. This condition is extremely rare so no one is going to think I'm balding, but rather my hair is thin when shaved as some people are like that. Once I shave it with a Mach 3 and get the stubble illusion, I think I'm all set. I am lucky to have a round head and surprised that my jawline shows more with this look. I wish I did this two years ago... but better now than never. In a way I am grateful for getting this condition. Without it, I don't think I'd be eating healthy for the past 4 years, working out, and generally worrying about my health. I used to be 150lbs at 25% BF and now I am 180lbs at 14% BF.

I will say that I am hesitant to tell people I am actually bald. What do I say when people ask me about growing my hair? Even though the "friend has chemo line" will work I won't feel great doing it. Should I just say I like it?

And who knows... it may even grow back:)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 06:45:21 PM »

I am hesitant to tell people I am actually bald. What do I say when people ask me about growing my hair? ... Should I just say I like it?

Why not?

It's the truth isn't it?
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 07:14:10 PM »
Congrats on getting your situation under control bro, as well as getting yourself in better shape. I don't see any reason to not be honest about things though. Be bald and proud. I would think be totally open about it is one of the things that goes along with the increased confidence most of us have noticed after taking this step.

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 07:23:56 PM »
Congrats on getting your situation under control bro, as well as getting yourself in better shape. I don't see any reason to not be honest about things though. Be bald and proud. I would think be totally open about it is one of the things that goes along with the increased confidence most of us have noticed after taking this step.

Ditto to Voodoo's comments. Be open to the world just as your face is now.

Enter your email address: