Author Topic: ADVANTAGE: Brotherhood.  (Read 2877 times)

Offline NotoriousSEG

• Sly Guy in Training
ADVANTAGE: Brotherhood.
« on: June 02, 2007, 10:29:30 PM »
certain things in this life seem to draw people of like mind together--but there is a certain dynamic that must be present in the equation for the chemistry to happen.   for example...i don't strike up a conversation in a bar with someone who also just happened to order a bud light--they're too common.  i guess there has to be an element of rarity.     five or six years ago i drove a corvette (until my son was born then it was sport utes ever since) and i noticed that other corvette drivers always waved--so i started doing it too.  it was a sort of unspoken rule i guess.

i have smoked cigars for years--since high school, actually--and i can ALWAYS strike up a conversation with a guy smoking a stogie.   i was walking down the beach with my wife once and a guy (also smoking a stogie) came up and asked me about what i was smoking--that turned into about a 30 minute conversation.

i notice harley drivers do the same thing (i don't have one, though---damnit)

now that i have shaved my head, i notice that whenever i go anywhere that another sly guy happens to be, we always give each other this certain "knowing look".   probably 9 times out of 10 we'll exchange comments too--something that would never happen otherwise.   so from a social standpoint, it's been a pretty cool thing.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: ADVANTAGE: Brotherhood.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 11:06:36 PM »
Well put bro.  I think that almost all relationships begin on some kind of "common ground".

But I've met more than a couple head shavers that I'm sure came from other planets!   :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:07:33 PM »
Great advantage!! 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 12:28:17 AM »
no doubt....and well said....notorious

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 02:10:52 AM »
I agree, great advantage!

jusbnme

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 07:55:06 AM »
I agree and well said.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 07:57:39 AM »
Well said Notorious.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!