Author Topic: Wilford Brimley  (Read 4856 times)

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
Wilford Brimley
« on: December 25, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
The other day I was online with a friend who has often sported the sly look, but because he is pursuing acting, he has grown the fringe back.  I was noting that he reminded me of Wilford Brimley.  On a side note, this friend has been in contact with Brimley because he wants to pursue similar roles and wanted advice.  So thinking of that, I happened to look up some videos on Brimley since I had not seen him on TV for awhile.  So I discovered that at least once, Wilford Brimley has been sly.  I  don't know if he does that anymore, but he had shaved his head when he appeared as Governor Will Hopper in a 2002 movie called, "Cockfight" (The Round and Round).  I had never heard of this movie, but I will say that Brimely represented the Sly look well as a overweight senior man with a Walrus Mustache.  Here is a link to the clip of him as a sly guy!  

« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:20:28 PM by marshd1000 »

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
Re: Wilford Brimley
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 12:13:22 AM »
Looks good sly! (But then, who doesn't?)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 06:29:52 AM »
You know, Marsh, I kinda thought you could have passed for him when you were sporting just the mustache! Nice find, thanks for sharing!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 10:59:47 AM »
WB has had a great many characters that he played, but have never seen this one.  Cool  O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline jimbo48

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 11:25:07 AM »
Looks good sly! (But then, who doesn't?)

Agreed, SlyBear.  He looks a whole lot better sly - like the rest of us do.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 12:03:34 PM »
You know, Marsh, I kinda thought you could have passed for him when you were sporting just the mustache! Nice find, thanks for sharing!

I had actually thought of that myself!  But he has a way more awesome mustache!  While I like passing for him, I would rather be a thinner version of him without "Dia-Bee-Tus"!  Maybe if I get tired of the beard, I may go with the Brimley style Walrus mustache.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 12:14:21 PM »

I had actually thought of that myself!  But he has a way more awesome mustache!  While I like passing for him, I would rather be a thinner version of him without "Dia-Bee-Tus"!  Maybe if I get tired of the beard, I may go with the Brimley style Walrus mustache.
;)Marsh, much thinner my friend. 
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 12:22:48 PM »

;)Marsh, much thinner my friend. 

Yes....I need to be the 165 pound version of Brimley!   :)

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 12:32:09 PM »
Your looking good buddy !  How is the job going ? O0
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 01:06:43 PM »
Switchblade....the job is going great.  But I have paid days off right now  for the holidays!  Anyway, here is a side by side comparison of yours truly and my "relative" Wilford Brimley!  What do you think?  Can I pass for him or being related to him?  LOL!   :)

I purposely chose a picture where I am not smiling!

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
Switchblade....the job is going great.  But I have paid days off right now  for the holidays!  Anyway, here is a side by side comparison of yours truly and my "relative" Wilford Brimley!  What do you think?  Can I pass for him or being related to him?  LOL!   :)

I purposely chose a picture where I am not smiling!
;)Your looking much better me mate  ;) O0  So I would say younger brother for you .  Glad to hear the job is going well !  O0
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Enter your email address: