Author Topic: 18 years old receding hairline, need some advice from the sly guys  (Read 8360 times)

Offline Manny123

• Learning the way of Sly
Hey sly guys my hairline been receding like Crazy and its really making my confidence go down, i went to doctor and they told me i have Alopecia on my right leg which is bald spot buts its growing back. I believe my hairline is receding cas of genetics.  i cant take it anymore its kinda making me depressed, im tired of wearing beanie all the time, i want to cut my hair off and get a zero, but wen i mention it to people they tell me ill look weird, especially my moms, i think she'll have a heart attack and start crying the day i walk into my house looking sly.  I personally think ill alright with a baldy, what do u guys think could i pull it off?or should i wait till its more noticeable? and if i do end up getting it should i wait  till winters over and get it in the summer instead cas i have some really pale skin and i dont think itll look right. What should i Do?!

Pictures in Link

http://mann123.picturepush.com/album/245671/p-Picture-Box.html#

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
Re: 18 years old receding hairline, need some advice from the sly guys
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 11:35:12 PM »
Welcome mate,

I think you would look great bald.

I think the general rule is if you are worrying about your hair loss, it's time to shave it off.

Friends and family will come around eventually IMO.

Let us know how you get on?
Lynchy

benlen

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 12:33:03 AM »
Your post is somewhat confusing (leg hair?) but judging from your pictures, I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

It could very well be that in a few years your hair will have noticeably thinned. For now though, judging by the pics, you simply have a high forehead––nothing that's unnatural. It could very well turn out that your hairline is simply maturing, it's difficult to say.

I'd suggest delaying breaking out the razor if I were you and enjoy your hair while you have it. I certainly did! Then when/if you have less of it and no longer want to sport hair, you can try shaving.

Offline Kevin G

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 02:31:32 AM »
I think that you would look good bald.  But to start off I would maybe buzz it down to a #2 guard to see what you think.  I buzzed mine short down to a number #1 and kept going shorter(I am sly now).  But then again my hair was much worse then yours.  You still look like you have a pretty good head of hair.  But if you are concerned with your hair now, definitely give a short buzz cut a try.  Going with a buzz will allow yourself and everyone else get used to your new look.  Then eventually go sly if you want to.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:33:07 AM by Kevin G »

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 05:46:14 AM »
If you shave your head now, you will have a shadow, darker than mine. But that is not all that bad.  You will need to shave daily, and that is not bad. I love the smooth feel in my head after each shave.

And i really like the bald look.

If you were going into the military, they would at least buzz your head, if not shave it.

Military guys look nice in their bald/buzzed heads.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 06:29:51 AM »
I agree with Benlen it looks like you have a high forehead but it doesn't look like it's receeding too bad. I do think having the sides and back of your hair cut shorter than the top may help. If you go 0 because your hair is dark it won't look bald. You have nothing to worry about at the mo
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 05:51:51 PM by isleepinthebuff »

Offline Manny123

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 10:42:10 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys, and sorry for the confusion.  i think i might keep my hair for a little longer, when i gets worse ima shave the whole thing and get a 0.  when i do shave it would it look sly? I dont want no shadow. my hair used to be brown but then for whatever reason it recently turned black by itself

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 10:50:30 AM »
Welcome Manny,

I think maybe give it a buzz and keep the beard.  Would look good. O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

benlen

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 05:40:09 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys, and sorry for the confusion.  i think i might keep my hair for a little longer, when i gets worse ima shave the whole thing and get a 0.  when i do shave it would it look sly? I dont want no shadow. my hair used to be brown but then for whatever reason it recently turned black by itself

Hair color and thickness can change depending on the individual. I once told a friend of mine who was going grey/white at the age of twenty that I would gladly trade him for my retreating hairline!

What Buff said is good advice. Getting a haircut with shorter sides and longer top will minimize the fact that your hair might be falling out on top. At this stage in the game it is too soon to tell.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 05:53:17 PM »
I get a shadow as I still have hair. It's receeding, it has a fine crown but it's there.

Sometimes we don't always get what we want! :*))

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 06:11:25 PM »
Welcome to the bald brotherhood Manny. Based on your pics, Id say you would look good bald. Keep the beard, it adds character. Once you've got the urge to shave, it won't go away until you try but do it on your own time.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 01:27:14 AM »
Welcome, Manny! I think a short buzz would enhance it, but I think your hair looks good enough to keep a little longer...if that's what you want to do.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.