Author Topic: Sly and Loving It  (Read 2011 times)

Offline baldbilly

• Learning the way of Sly
Sly and Loving It
« on: December 16, 2012, 04:48:02 PM »
Hey guys,
Long time lurker here.  I'm 21 and started thinning in my crown area when I 20.  I looked into rogaine and all of the usual treatments for about 6months.  The thought of restoring my hair provided me with comfort initially, but that comfort quickly faded as i began to realize that these treaments would likely add stress to my life and would not be a permanent solution.

Eventually I came across the site when looking for info on shaving your head.  I felt such a strong connection with the stories and advice that I found on the forum.  Like many others, I thought that the shape of my head would prevent me from looking good as a sly fellow.  But the guys on on the forum gave me such a tremendous surge of confidence that I decided to take a mach3 to my head, even though I was convinced I would look like an idiot.  And what do you know, I didn't look that bad (just like everyone said!!) People were pretty shocked because I had always worn my hair long.  No matter what kind of reaction I got from others, I knew how to handle it because of all the time I had spent lurking on the forum.  

I could go on forever, but I'll save it for future posts.  For now I'd like to thank everyone for their advice, wisdom, and genuine concern for others.  Thanks to guys like Slyfive, Beardman, FrontierGuy, SirSlyHarry, Andrei, BaldAndre, natedawg, RowilJr, greatnessinc, buddha, baldchav and countless others.  Your advice has helped me persevere and regain the confidence I had prior to my hair loss.

Pictures coming soon

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
Re: Sly and Loving It
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 05:20:28 PM »
Great Intro.

I think you're quite smart to have avoided the "alternatives" such as drugs or transplants or "hair systems" - they seem fraught with an entirely different set of problems.

I give you a lot of credit for just doing it and being able to move forward.

I'm glad the forum residents were able to provide appropriate help ... and now it's your turn to participate and help those who come along after you. Seems we have plenty of "mature" Sly guys [tempting to say "wise guys"] ... but could use reinforcements in the teens/20s demographic.

Welcome.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 05:28:39 PM »
welcome, Billy.

Offline thinkingaboutit

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »
There's a commercial that plays during basketball games for Bosley Hair Restoration. Since going sly a few weeks ago, every time I see it, I want to scream at the television: JUST SHAVE IT OFF!!

Welcome to the club. I think you'll enjoy being a member.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 05:56:37 PM »
Welcome Billy, I have seen that to and then the one of hair in a can for 29.99 but if you order now they will send you 2 cans .   :*))  If you want to MONKEY around.  :*))
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »
Welcome mate .... Great intro!
Lynchy

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 09:03:13 PM »
Welcome, baldbilly! The good thing about this site is that people can get-and give-help on just about anything!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 02:53:12 PM »
Welcome to SBG!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 02:59:42 PM »
Welcome, Baldbilly!   Great intro.  We are looking forward to the pics.

O0

Andrei

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 02:30:36 PM »
Welcome to the forum Billy!

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 03:00:07 PM »
G'Day BaldBilly O0

Great Intro mate, Welcome to the Zoo!!

Plenty of advice, opinions and laughs on just about anything! enjoy!

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 03:20:38 PM »
Welcome to the group.

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: Sly and Loving It
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »
Welcome!

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 12:14:52 AM »
Hey baldbilly, how goes it? As Frontier Guy said it's good to have some younger members. Especially good to have some younger members that have had an easy transition to the streamlined look. It lets the other younger blokes know that shaving their heads could be completely stressless and liberating. It doesn't have to be a difficult transition does it?

Looking forward to the pic.