Author Topic: A Surgical Problem  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
A Surgical Problem
« on: December 19, 2012, 05:12:12 AM »
After many very painful months of "making do" I've decided to give myself a new shoulder for Christmas. Well, to be fair my Orthopaedic surgeon is going to do the actual "gifting" but I'm the recipient. The thing is this sort of invasive surgery leaves quite a lot of torn up and off flesh even when it's completely healed. That I can accept, the loss of pain is indeed a gift. What has me concerned is that in the surgical process, I'll lose a good two inches from the wing of an eagle not to mention another four inches of sleeve. If it were just a matter of losing in and having it replaced later, fine but the end product will actually look like a surgeon had a head on with an ink bottle. Everything is black, gray and shading so, in one sense, that's easier to deal with but no matter what, a mess is a mess is a mess. Trying to be proactive I've thought of what might be done at some point but all I can see is a large, mis-shapen tribal piece that goes with nothing I've got. Suggestions?
(Oh, and the week before the actual "event" I've made arrangement to have a dashed line, interspersed with "cut here" inked on me from the front of my arm pit to the back of my arm pit over my shoulder. Okay, so this is nothing novel but why not lighten the atmosphere in the surgical theatre? And, taken another view, a reason to get more ink is always a good reason....)

Offline Scottakist

• Sly Jr.
  • Permanent Color Technician
    • Permanent Color Technicians
Re: A Surgical Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 01:13:45 PM »
Post a pic of said tattoo and surgical area...
If your not having fun... Your doing it wrong.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
Re: A Surgical Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 05:37:06 PM »
The surgeon may cut around it if you can arrange it? Your tattoo artist is probably the best person to get advise from.
Lynchy

Enter your email address: