Author Topic: Im 22 & 3months old should i go bald  (Read 21059 times)

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
Re: Im 22 & 3months old should i go bald
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2013, 03:15:39 PM »
hey again guys, i know i haven't posted in a while ive just been busy getting complimented on my improved attitude from a bunch of people:). im still going strong with my plan and awaiting April to arrive so it will stop being so dam cool (i currently live in England).

Anyway the main thing i wanted to say is i have started watching a show called Breaking Bad, the main character (Bryan Cranston) starts the show with hair to later be told he has cancer and goes full sly and everyone i know who watches it or has seen before and after shots say he looks better without hair. i thought hmm interesting when a guy that isn't me goes bald u like it but when i said i was they hated it hmmmm.
another character (Aaron Paul) cuts his hair fairly short at one point and he has a similar face shape/hairline to me and again everyone says it looks good/better.

So soon ill supporting the aaron paul look, tbh the show made me see going sly a bit easier as the show is very popular a shows sly guys as gd guys not as negatives which im told they were in past years. just something i thought i should mention as it made me feel better and its 2 more celebs that have gone sly for the better.
Sounds good to me.

Im a high schooler, and even though this topic is really old and has a lot of hits
I agree with the rest of the guys. Im 14 and love the sly look and am not afraid to embrace it! Cant wait for you to post a pic. In the meantime(like everyone said) go with gradulally cutting your hair shorter until the time comes to be free of hair.
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2013, 03:45:20 PM »
hey again guys, i know i haven't posted in a while ive just been busy getting complimented on my improved attitude from a bunch of people:). im still going strong with my plan and awaiting April to arrive so it will stop being so dam cool (i currently live in England).

Anyway the main thing i wanted to say is i have started watching a show called Breaking Bad, the main character (Bryan Cranston) starts the show with hair to later be told he has cancer and goes full sly and everyone i know who watches it or has seen before and after shots say he looks better without hair. i thought hmm interesting when a guy that isn't me goes bald u like it but when i said i was they hated it hmmmm.
another character (Aaron Paul) cuts his hair fairly short at one point and he has a similar face shape/hairline to me and again everyone says it looks good/better.

So soon ill supporting the aaron paul look, tbh the show made me see going sly a bit easier as the show is very popular a shows sly guys as gd guys not as negatives which im told they were in past years. just something i thought i should mention as it made me feel better and its 2 more celebs that have gone sly for the better.

I loved that series. I shaved my head just after watching the whole series to date [I think there are seven more episodes about to be released soon]. It took me just a few days to watch 50 odd episodes and so many blokes in that show are bald that it makes it look normal -- not just the main characters but the police, the dea, the meth dealers and others.

Anyway, it was at least the catalyst for me. Now I'm waiting for the final episodes to be aired. I reckon that it has been the cause of many shaven heads.

Offline Raulski

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2013, 08:21:53 PM »
Bald rocks. Nuff said

I'm also eagerly awaiting the next instalment of breaking bad.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2013, 12:47:19 AM »
Glad to hear you are still on track for slydom, all those naysayers will be eating their tongue when you do the deed. It is probably a good idea to wait for the warmer months, but as you might have already seen, even in the cold of winter, there has still been heaps of new members taking the plunge of late!

Offline Lee Layfield

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2013, 11:38:59 AM »
Just a few questions i posted as its getting closer to slyday, any answers/stories will be much appreciated.
http://www2.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=19819.0

Offline Lee Layfield

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2013, 08:04:42 AM »
Quick update, its just about a month now till Sly Day and im looking forward to it. I have gotten use to my short hair, and when telling more people my plan to go sly they say i may wanna wait till May as April is been reported to be cool with rain mostly. I would like to get some renewed advice (if thats the right term might be a English thing) on this, do you think i should continue to wait till may if its still cold or stick with the deadline i have set myself, keeping in mind this sly day was set to avoid the cold and bring out a new summer style version of myself to the world. Some details below for bit more information

ATM my crown isnt thinning much/at all neither are the sides, while the top still is at a steady rate however most of the top isnt noticeable however my temples have fully receded and the hair at the front in between the temples is tinning moderately, you cant notice it much normally but under a strong light its clearly visible and this affects me a few times each day and more so if i go out or to work.

My hair style is the front flick which sadly shows of the thinning hair more but ive trying leaving it down and it shows the receded temples more and still a the thinning at the front on top. I would say im about a MPB II/III but with no signs of the vertex

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2013, 09:58:06 PM »
My recommendation ... just do it!
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2013, 08:40:18 PM »
Go for it now- I guarantee you will love it!

Offline Gowbo

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2013, 05:11:55 PM »
Hey Lee, sounds like I'm in a similar situation to you, though I'm a bit older (29). My hair's going at the temples, looks to be thinning out at the crown a bit, though it's not really noticeable.

From your photo, your hair is short enough that it shows your face and bone structure pretty clearly, so going sly isn't really going to change your appearance that much. It'll look good.

If it's thinning, the baldness is coming. I say take the initiative now and get rid of it. The thing is, hair is one of the tell-tale signs of aging. Going sly makes you kind of ageless, so I'm sure you can see why doing it in your early 20s has its advantages! Honestly, I kind of wish I'd had my current hair loss at your age and could have gotten it over with. I'm sitting here with hair that is getting on my nerves, waiting to be shaved...