Author Topic: Im 22 & 3months old should i go bald  (Read 21065 times)

Offline gutsygirl

• Surviving Chronic Illness with a Smile :D
  • Sly
  • Gutsy is as Gutsy does!
    • Naturally Gutsy - surviving gastrointestinal illness with a smile!
Re: Re: Im 22 & 3months old should i go bald
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2013, 12:53:54 AM »
Lol u guys r cute. :-)
CRPSablaze.wordpress.com, NaturallyGutsy.com

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: Im 22 & 3months old should i go bald
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2013, 01:26:28 AM »
G'day Lee, welcome to the family, seems I'm very late to the party and all the good advice has already been handed out... lol!

All I can do is reaffirm all the advice that has already been given to you, you've certainly been given the 5 star treatment, and seem to be taking it on board well. If you have the itch it is best to scratch it in this case, there will be enough problems later for you not to scratch... especially the ones that result in puss leaking and other disgusting stuff! Lets hope you stay away from those  ;)

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2013, 03:11:59 AM »

there will be enough problems later for you not to scratch... especially the ones that result in puss leaking and other disgusting stuff! Lets hope you stay away from those  ;)

Truly poetic, Beardman old chum! And just the right sentiments too. Lee, I know that myself, and many others, found it impossible to wait once we had decided to do the deed, and trust me, it is one hell of a relief

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2013, 03:43:11 AM »

there will be enough problems later for you not to scratch... especially the ones that result in puss leaking and other disgusting stuff! Lets hope you stay away from those  ;)

Truly poetic, Beardman old chum! And just the right sentiments too. Lee, I know that myself, and many others, found it impossible to wait once we had decided to do the deed, and trust me, it is one hell of a relief

Thank you for your kind works Mr. Slyfive, sometimes they just roll off my tongue with the greatest of ease :D

It certainly was a massive weight lifted off my shoulders when I did the deed, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I rubbed my head in the mirror  ;D

Offline nathan06

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2013, 06:07:40 AM »
Hey Lee, welcome aboard. I'm a few years younger than you and went through something similar girl-wise except I never mentioned the idea of shaving my head to anyone and just did it. The girl I like was completely fine with it, which came as a surprise to me! It sounds like you're on your way to becoming sly and it's great that you've been able to talk to people about it and that most of the important people in your life are supportive of you. If you're buzzing your hair shorter and shorter, the curiosity will eventually get the better of you and you'll probably be sly before you planned! Wish you the best of luck man.

PS Gary's posts here are fantastic, what a great perspective!

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2013, 11:13:55 AM »
Well I am in high school and decide to take the plunge and was proud of it. My mom did not approve so one day I took it all off and she wasn't happy at all. I am keeping and I am proud of it. I think you will too. Moms are probably the hardest to convince of these things O0. Hope you like should just go ahead and skip a few step and get rid of it all sooner. But keep on doing what you are doing and you will get there eventually.

Offline Lee Layfield

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2013, 03:57:20 PM »
hey guys its great to get so much support about this and from people of all ages and even people in the same situation as me. firstly Ive cut my hair short now and i don't even have to do anything to it just goes the way i  like it and with 0 effort. gunna cut it shorter each month still as well. i even went the gym without wearing a hat or to work with styling it so much better.

On new years eve/day i asked the girl if shed be my girlfriend an she basically said really hmmm dating your best male friend hmm... of course i will etc (love stuff) etc, later saying why did it take me so long to ask in which i said it takes a long time to make a decision to change your life and i like to do things at the right time.

so now I'm on cloud 9 got all the confidence in the world, my hair doesn't bother me any more and I'm in control of it :), got the girl and a promotion at work the day after i cut my hair :), and Ive got to say its pretty much all thanks to you guys if i hadn't got so much support and guidance i wouldn't have cut my hair and believed in myself to ask Charlotte out. As for the promo at work guess i just looked like a new man and they liked it. So thank you all so much for helping me pick myself up and make a change and i wish you all the best in 2013 going to be a great year.

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2013, 04:25:16 PM »
WOW.

Now that is a success story. And just think, your life is now most probably going to get even better and better from this point on. You lucky man.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2013, 05:21:37 PM »
Cool Man, How about a picture  ;) 8) O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2013, 06:35:18 PM »
That is awesome news man, the ultimate success story there, and you aren't even sly yet! Imagine when you get to the finish line!

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2013, 02:26:28 PM »
That's so awesome Lee, let the confidence flow!

Accepted

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2013, 12:03:14 PM »
hey man, I'm 21 and was losing my hair since 18.. what I did, and what makes most sense is: Buzz it shorter and shorter and then you'll gradually get used to it... then buzz with no guard for a few weeks and then start the 30 day rule. you have to ease into it. time is the best healer and I don't mean to say that going sly will cause any pain that you have to heal.. haha

It's just that you get used to everything after a while, and balding is no different. Keep us posted with pics, good luck!!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2013, 02:51:07 PM »
nice story Lee. do what accepted did.  i did the same, except i'm BBC.  works either way.

bald is fantastic.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2013, 07:13:05 AM »
I do think it is a leap of faith it was for me but after the first time I loved the look due to zero maintance I am horrible at washing hair
The truth is, there's probably never going to be a moment where you feel 100% sure that you're ready to shave.  It's always a leap of faith and usually well worth it in the end. 

I can understand wanting to hold onto your hair for as long as possible.  Been there, done that.  The problem with that approach is that it constantly preys on your mind and you're constantly evaluating whether you're "there" yet. 

I don't think it looks too bad yet, but clearly it's bothering you.  I agree with the guys who suggested buzzing it and gradually going shorter as you feel more comfortable.  Take it down to #2 to start and go shorter when you feel ready.

Offline Lee Layfield

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »
hey again guys, i know i haven't posted in a while ive just been busy getting complimented on my improved attitude from a bunch of people:). im still going strong with my plan and awaiting April to arrive so it will stop being so dam cool (i currently live in England).

Anyway the main thing i wanted to say is i have started watching a show called Breaking Bad, the main character (Bryan Cranston) starts the show with hair to later be told he has cancer and goes full sly and everyone i know who watches it or has seen before and after shots say he looks better without hair. i thought hmm interesting when a guy that isn't me goes bald u like it but when i said i was they hated it hmmmm.
another character (Aaron Paul) cuts his hair fairly short at one point and he has a similar face shape/hairline to me and again everyone says it looks good/better.

So soon ill supporting the aaron paul look, tbh the show made me see going sly a bit easier as the show is very popular a shows sly guys as gd guys not as negatives which im told they were in past years. just something i thought i should mention as it made me feel better and its 2 more celebs that have gone sly for the better.