Author Topic: Does the 'paleness' go away?  (Read 4346 times)

Offline bbcguytom

• Sly Jr.
Does the 'paleness' go away?
« on: December 13, 2012, 06:43:53 PM »
There are areas of my scalp where the hair is thinning or gone, those are the areas I think look better shaved. But, there are areas where the hair would still grow in strong -it's those areas which are pale, does anyone know of ways of making it less obvious? And yes, I've tried blending it w/make-up, too.

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
Re: Does the 'paleness' go away?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 06:57:02 PM »
Honestly I don't know and I am having that same problem too I'm only hoping that with a few more months it will be gone but I would like to know too if anyone has any advise on this

Offline BillOnBass

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 07:13:59 PM »
After about a month your head will gain some darker color and less contrast from sun exposure, but the "shadow" you're experiencing is there to stay unless your hair goes grey or completely falls out (or laser treatments, but I have no experience with that).  The reason you have pale areas is because hair still grows there and there is still hair in your follicles to see.  If you have light skin and dark hair the shadow is something you live with.  People with dark skin and people with blonde or grey hair are less prone to the shadow effect.
"There he goes.  One of God's own prototypes.  A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.  Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 07:19:21 PM »
The more you head tans the less noticeable it is IMO?
Lynchy

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 09:12:50 PM »
Time will provide natural coloring and better blending with adjacent hairless areas like your forehead.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 08:28:36 AM »
I'm gonna echo the others, cuz it's true. Nothing but time will take care of that in the long term. Your scalp is a very sensitive area, and it's been hiding from exposure. Takes a while to "toughen up" and get color.
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

BBCAlex

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 09:16:41 AM »
Ive gone to a tanning salon for a few sessions while wearing sunblock on the darker areas and this has quickly evened out the pale areas for me.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 11:49:54 AM »
Mine comes and goes, depends if I am out in the sun.  It makes no difference to me  8)
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Andrei

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 01:06:53 AM »
Moderate exposure to the sun. and this depends on your skin (how does it react to sun).
So, with time and patience you there will be one uniform colour.

Offline Drainman66

• NY Giants
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 05:31:16 AM »
There's always spray paint to even it out.

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »
Give it a week or two and it all goes together  and you will never know  - - - - -A  friend of mine just shaved his fringe after years and within several days it blended in - - -It took me a year to get him to shave his fringe  - -and he is a happy sly bald guy now - - - -

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 04:49:37 AM »
Just do NOT be tempted to use one of the many self tanning lotions. I will agree that it will take away the paleness but...what it will leave won't please you. We've come a long way since the days of Man Tan-which left users with a strange orange/yellow hue that took a surpizingly long time to go away however, forcing your skin into turning colour will leave it with an unnatural look, stranger than what concerns you now. And, as with many others, a good shave of the fringe solves the problem....

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 04:56:26 AM »
Time will take care of the problem? naturally.