Author Topic: Lebron, can he be stopped?  (Read 7028 times)

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
Lebron, can he be stopped?
« on: May 31, 2007, 11:50:10 PM »
In the first game against the Pistons, Lebron James was criticized for not taking the last shot and passing to a team mate who missed. (he would have been praised forever for his wisdom if the shot would have fallen in!)

Tonight in double overtime in Detroit, he scored 48 points, the last 25 and 29 of the last 30 points the Cav's made. With 7 seconds left in the 2nd OT, everyone in Detroit knew the ball was going to go to Lebron, all eyes were on Lebron, the Pistons knew they had to shut down Lebron, yet he STILL got the shot off for the win. And it's not like the Pistons don't have playoff experience.

Don't discount the rest of this team. There have been several times that James has sat out most or all of the game and the rest of the team pulls it out. No matter how good James is, no team will go this deep in the playoffs unless the rest of the team is good.

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
  • "This World is not This World"
Re: Lebron, can he be stopped?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 11:52:54 PM »
he would have been praised forever for his wisdom if the shot would have fallen in!)

Exactly! :/O

I have a lot of respect for Lebron....hoping the best for him and the cavs....

does anyone know how long his contract is with the cavs?? it'd be interesting to see if he decides to stay with the Cavs if they do make it to the finals...

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 12:02:47 AM »
I think that Lebron is awesome and will be considered one of the best to play the game.  Though, to live up to the hype of being the next MJ or basketball superstar, he'll have to win a championship.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 08:38:31 AM »

does anyone know how long his contract is with the cavs?? it'd be interesting to see if he decides to stay with the Cavs if they do make it to the finals...

Lebron is in the first year of a long term contract; not sure how many years but he can sign up for AARP before it's done.

And with the 35,440 square foot house he is building near Akron, I doubt he is thinking of moving any time soon: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2814984

That's not a type; yes, 35,440 square feet.

BaldRob

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 08:46:33 AM »
Bah!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 08:52:48 AM »
It really doesn't matter who comes out of the East. The Spurs will stomp either team.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 08:59:25 AM »

Lebron is in the first year of a long term contract; not sure how many years but he can sign up for AARP before it's done.

And with the 35,440 square foot house he is building near Akron, I doubt he is thinking of moving any time soon: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2814984

Is there a train to get you around the house?
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
  • "This World is not This World"
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 11:10:20 AM »

Is there a train to get you around the house?

:*))

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 12:24:28 PM »
 James will win at least one title by the time his career ends.    I love watching lebron play, him and wade are probably my two favorite players in the NBA currently.
bald for life

Offline LiveStrong

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 08:22:13 PM »
Im so pissed i missed this game.  the last 25 points??>?  thats absurd.  I love lbj, def one of my favorite players

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 01:36:18 AM »
IMO, Lebron's the best the NBA has... wishin' I had TIVO'd the game now :(

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2007, 09:12:24 AM »
Dang! I have to work tonight, no TV and difficult to get the radio in the office.

The Tigers are playing in Cleveland at the same time the Pistons and Cavs are playing. Right next door to each other. I would have thought they would have moved the time on the baseball game. Parking is bad enough when just the Indians are playing; it will really be at a premium tonight.

The Tribe swept Detroit last weekend and have won the first 2 games in this series. Time to put a double hurt on Detroit tonight!  :x!

B*)

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »
I doubt if James can be stopped by anybody in the east. I'd like to see what Duncan can do with him.

BaldRob

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2007, 06:57:25 AM »
I have never in my life seen a more poorly called, biased game as game 6 of this series in my life... It's pathetic that the NBA has to have Lebron in the Finals soooo bad that they can't just let two teams play and see who wins.

Go SPURS!!

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2007, 10:14:25 AM »
I have never in my life seen a more poorly called, biased game as game 6 of this series in my life... It's pathetic that the NBA has to have Lebron in the Finals soooo bad that they can't just let two teams play and see who wins.

Go SPURS!!

Not sure what game you watched, but I have not heard any complaints anywhere of the officiating, even from the Pistons. They did let the two teams play. As physical as the series was, the Pistons ego and old age finally gave in to the young kids and they fell apart in the 2nd half.

Don't get to confident in your Spurs. There is a lot of age there too, and their dynasty will need to come to an end soon. Maybe this year against the Cav's. And I would hate to read in the tabloids about a sly bald guy having his foot surgically removed from his mouth!  :*))

But having been a lifelong Cleveland fan, I am used to disappointment from our teams, not having a champion since the '64 Browns.