Author Topic: razors...help????  (Read 6176 times)

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
razors...help????
« on: May 31, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »
Alright, I know that a lot of you on this site swear by the headblade...I have tried and tried again and have officially hung up the HB... :Xo!

I have been using the Mach III and am getting sick of it as well. :Xo! :Xo!

Are there any other recommendations other then the 2 mentioned that I might use? I am ready to go old school and break out a straight blade from the barber shop :x!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: razors...help????
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 04:07:31 PM »
I'm not trying to push you into keeping the HeadBlade, but you could try a different blade on it to see if that makes the difference.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 04:12:41 PM »
Not trying to push you either, but I've had great success with the HB Classic and Gillette Atra generics I bought at Albertson's. Maybe you should consider changing your shave routine or your gel. A lot of people use HeadBlade's HeadSlick shave gel (me included) with awesome results. Also, do you get your head sufficiently warmed up in the shower? It makes a huge difference.

Consider all options before ditching the HB.

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »
I have (at least temporarily) put my headblade aside.  Due to slicing my scalp, I'm somewhat timid to get it back out.  I have used the Mach 3 quite a bit and can't complain about the results.

I recently bought some Schick Quattro disposables because they were on sale.  They have been doing a good job also, other than I usually don't like the disposables since they just feel cheap.

I will probably try the HB again but will probably try a different blade.  I just used the one that came with the unit.  Maybe the 3 blade would be better.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 04:40:56 PM »
I have (at least temporarily) put my headblade aside.  Due to slicing my scalp, I'm somewhat timid to get it back out.  I have used the Mach 3 quite a bit and can't complain about the results.

I recently bought some Schick Quattro disposables because they were on sale.  They have been doing a good job also, other than I usually don't like the disposables since they just feel cheap.

I will probably try the HB again but will probably try a different blade.  I just used the one that came with the unit.  Maybe the 3 blade would be better.

I almost gave up on the HeadBlade too after a really bad slicing. I stuck with it, reread some posts and realized I was not being consistant with where I was putting the pressure and probably rushing it as well.  I have had no problems since.  However, I tried my Sensor Excel today for the first time on those hard to get spots and was really surprised on how close it got.   The only thing I didn't like was the lightness of the handle compared to the Mach III.  I am going to do a complete shave with the Sensor tomorrow and see how that goes.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 04:45:19 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

jusbnme

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 05:35:18 PM »
It's really what works for you bro.  I also gave up on the HB...Actually about 3 different times.  I'm not knocking what anyone is saying by no means so I hope nobody takes this the wrong way but I've tried a few different blades with it and it still is just not for me.  But to answer your question YOSP, I recently went from my old Mach 3 to the Schick Extreme blade which has worked great for me.  There are a few different ones though.  You could go with the disposables or the cartridge refillable one which is what I am currently using.  It's called Schick Extreme Sub Zero.  It is blue and white.  You can buy a pack of 4 refill blades for about $5.  Even though I know people have always said to watch out for disposables I have tried the Schick Extreme 3 disposable and it worked just as well as the refillable I'm using now.  I'm actually thinking of switching to the disposable once my cartridges run out to save a little money.   The best thing about the Schick Extreme is that the blades bend with the contour of your head.  You actually cover more area than the Mach 3 or the HB does.  I usually get a quick and comfortable shave.  So far I have experienced no irritation with this blade.  Another good thing is that it is an awesome face razor too.  So you can "kill two birds with one stone."  Give it a try bro. 

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 11:26:08 PM »
I've chosen to park my Headblade as well. Not because the Mach 3 gives a closer shave (even though it does), but I have a hard time maneuvering the Headblade. Handling the Mach 3 for me is much easier, and shaving with it takes less time. I've been using the Headblade for the past month and I am still not comfortable with it.

Offline **sticks**

• Sly
  • "This World is not This World"
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »
sorry to hijack your thread with another "im officially hanging up the HB" . Like you, I have tried and tried.

Im also using the machIII and as of right now have no problems with it. I havent tried anything else so I cant really be of any help...

but please do let me know if you use the straight blade and tell us how you like it and any advantages/disadvnatages of it....

im soo tempted to try it....

Offline Jay

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 08:55:34 AM »
the best I have used so far are the Gilette 3 blade disposables (not the Mach 3, but the cheap one where you throw out the entire razor)

They give the best shave but are dull after 1 or 2 uses.