Author Topic: Racquetball  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Racquetball
« on: December 04, 2012, 01:55:18 AM »
Any other racquetball players here?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Racquetball
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 10:38:52 AM »
Years ago, in my twenties, I played a lot. I was pretty damn good too. I played about 4 days a week for several hours each day. I did get my ass handed to me by a Friend that was a professional player.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:43:53 AM »
Nice!  I play about 3 to 4 days a week now.  I used to play at the Open/Pro level, but after not playing for 7 years I'm playing at the A/Elite levels.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 10:52:22 AM »
When I played my Friend that was a professional, I had trouble finding a game that was competitive at the club where I went. There were a lot of good players there but over the course of a couple years I passed their skill levels.

Then my Friend, who was not a member there, showed up one day, randomly, looking for a game. So we played. He wiped the entire court with my ass.
I realized that I was good but I had a long way to go. My friend even said I had real good skills and was a good player but I needed to play more!! There was no more time to play more!! So I went back to kicking everyone else's asses and left the professionals alone.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 10:58:22 AM »
You were probably playing at the A/AA level at that time.  (Levels have changed in the recent years).  It's amazing the difference between A/Elite and Open/Pro.  There's no room for error at that level.  Everything is crisp and fast!  That was in my early 20's when I was willing to dive to get a ball that was otherwise unreachable.  Now my body says, "DON'T THINK ABOUT DIVING!"

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 11:08:11 AM »
Here's some pretty cool footage of Carson (#2 in the world) and Alvaro.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZnJZb2ejIUM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZnJZb2ejIUM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 11:39:36 PM »
I have only played a handful of games at high school, I really enjoyed it, but had enough on my plate. I did play competition badminton though, and finished up in A-grade for juniors, unfortunately the seniors games were played on a night I was already busy. It's something I've always thought of getting back into, but until recently I've not been in any shape to play haha.

Thanks for sharing that clip too Tyler, it was interesting watching a game again, it really does look like fun, I could see myself getting quite banged up playing though, I can get quite competitive haha