Author Topic: 6 months of slydom  (Read 6161 times)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
6 months of slydom
« on: December 01, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »
Today marks my 6 month anniversary since going sly, it's interesting to think that around this time last year I was introduced to the idea by a good family friend who is also sly. At the time I laughed it off and subconsciously thought "I could never do that" and "I wouldn't look good bald". So in about a year I've gone from never thinking I could shave my hair, to never wanting hair again!

I even had one of those weird dreams (you guys know the ones) last night, where I was doing something... can't remember what exactly, but all I can remember is that I noticed my hair had grown back... I was so confused in my dream and went looking for a razor to shave it off again.

Looking forward to having my 6 month shave later tonight (If I realised when I woke up I could have started the day off sly!)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: 6 months of slydom
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 09:57:24 PM »
Congratulations on your milestone.  It's interesting that a friend introduced you to the idea.  While that kind of unsolicited advice would be inappropriate from a stranger or even a casual acquaintance, it's nice that someone close to you cared enough to make the suggestion.  When I was fence-sitting, I often wished I'd had someone to nudge me.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 10:16:23 PM »
Congrats, Beardman!....Wow, does time fly....I remember your first picture with the beer glass...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 11:52:43 PM »
Thank you both  8)

Congratulations on your milestone.  It's interesting that a friend introduced you to the idea.  While that kind of unsolicited advice would be inappropriate from a stranger or even a casual acquaintance, it's nice that someone close to you cared enough to make the suggestion.  When I was fence-sitting, I often wished I'd had someone to nudge me.

I'd never even thought of shaving my head until he mentioned it, I used to just buzz short and it never really bothered me too much, although I now realise that subconsciously I was hiding under my caps. The deal breaker for me is when mum told me that I'd developed a bald patch on the left side of my head, which I put down to alopecia. This forum is great for the fence sitters though, I'm glad that I'm able to help people overcome their baldness, I may have found this website after the deed was done, but I can still appreciate how valuable of a recourse it is for the fence sitters  O0

Congrats, Beardman!....Wow, does time fly....I remember your first picture with the beer glass...

Ah yes, I was looking through the photos on my pc the other day and stumbled across that one... I used to cringe at photos back then and that was a complete rarity to snap a photo, especially one showing my balding in all it's glory!

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 04:02:00 AM »
I even had one of those weird dreams (you guys know the ones) last night .... all I can remember is that I noticed my hair had grown back...

Yes, I've had those ones, too. They've stopped now.

And congratulations on passing your six month mark. Surprising how you can adjust to your new improved appearance quickly.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 05:00:55 AM »
Congratulations Beardman.

I also passed six months recently - doesn't seem possible that time has passed that quickly.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline BaldLuke

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 07:09:06 AM »
Awesome feeling to have a good chunk of time under our belts as being slick! I loved the look even before I had it, now I've gotten to witness what everyone here has said, you really do love it more and more every day!

Offline Bensen

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 09:39:33 AM »
Yup, congrats on that milestone  O0
Really works for you , as i already told ya before. Good you feel real comfy and even better your family and friend are supporting you. That's a real plus.

The family friend who is also sly, is that also because of bading or is it BBC? Not that it really matters, just for curiosity.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:49:13 AM by Ben32 »

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 10:21:14 AM »
Congradualations beard also looks great.
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Andrei

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 02:18:29 PM »
Congratulation!
So, you no longer own a comb, don't you?
Enjoy the anniversary shave.

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 06:36:26 PM »
Congrats Beardman! It appears as though we almost exactly 6 months apart as It will be a year for me on the 5th. I have really enjoyed your posts and input and think that the forum wouldn't be the same without you. So, stick around and let us know when that year rolls around, not that you need to count anymore, I'm sure you're sly for life!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 01:17:03 AM »
Thanks for all the kind words guys, it is quite humbling  :)

@Mr. Jules, that was my first, and hopefully my last haha.

@FG, I know what you mean, I had to actually count back twice... even though I knew I was right, I just couldn't believe it.

@Luke, I know exactly what you mean mate!

@Ben, He is BBN too

@Switchblade, cheers bro, I think I'm due for a new pic of the beard, it's well past the one month mark on the sides.

@Andrei, I don't actually remember the last time I owned a comb, I had  buzz for years, excluding the last 6 months or so where I tried growing it out (big mistake haha)

@Slyfive, I've been sly for life since day one bro  O0, That is crazy how you are only 6months and a few days ahead of me.

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 01:46:43 AM »
Congrats Beardman mate, well done on the 6 months  O0

I have been Sly for 17 years and loved it every second.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 01:51:28 AM »
Congrats Beardman mate, well done on the 6 months  O0

I have been Sly for 17 years and loved it every second.

I'm looking forward to catching up to you eventually, in the mean time I'll just kick back and enjoy the ride  O0

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 12:42:06 PM »
I was sly for life from day 1 too, freedom feels good. Did you do anything to celebrate?