Author Topic: When you're thinking about writing some hate mail.....  (Read 3357 times)

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
When you're thinking about writing some hate mail.....
« on: November 30, 2012, 03:54:13 PM »
Don't forget a guy named David Whitley who writes for AOL Fanhouse. (WTF is that?).

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-tattoos-writer-column-paints-as-a-bad-guy-113012

If you read the article all the way through this scumbag even uses his "two adopted African-American daughters" as a human shield.
I know somebody who needs a-slappin'. :x!

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: When you're thinking about writing some hate mail.....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 04:13:05 PM »
What an a$$hole. I don't think it's racially motivated... I just think it's stupidity and definetly prejudiced. Prejudiced against people that are tattooed.

He forgets to mention that in Sammy Baugh and Johnny Unitas's days tattoos were NOT mainstream!!!

I'm a 49ers fan (they are second behind the Ravens!) and have watched this kid and they way he handles himself. He's polite and considerate. He's also humble.

Maybe it's the fact that the tattoos are Bible verses that rattled this fool's cage.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 04:28:24 PM »
I'm not a fan of tattoos, but I'm also not a fan of this knucklehead.
Kapernick went to UNR, about 100 miles from Chateau Schro. Local press followed him and mentioned what a good kid he is.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 06:46:41 PM »
Stupid is as stupid does.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 07:11:55 PM »
This guy is discussing a subject that has absolutely nothing to do with the abilities and talents of the guy--it isn't relevant in any way shape or form whether a person decides to have their body used in this fashion--absolutely no connection whatsoever.  Kapernick presents an exciting and active role in the game that is in no way connected with his personal choices as to body art.  I cannot understand why the editors even put the piece out there--it's totally without connection to the real issue--he's a potential superstar of the game.  It would have been far more interesting to evaluate how a "young" guy like him must make an "old" guy like Drew feel.  How are you "old" in your mid-thirties? 

Offline MMArob

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 11:44:18 PM »
f**k him.
Define people by their actions, not appearance!

Rob

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 12:48:06 PM »
Don't forget a guy named David Whitley who writes for AOL Fanhouse. (WTF is that?).

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/san-francisco-49ers-qb-colin-kaepernick-tattoos-writer-column-paints-as-a-bad-guy-113012

If you read the article all the way through this scumbag even uses his "two adopted African-American daughters" as a human shield.
I know somebody who needs a-slappin'. :x!
O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL