Author Topic: LOVE to Ski  (Read 2755 times)

benlen

LOVE to Ski
« on: November 24, 2012, 06:41:04 PM »
Any other sly guys here love winter/skiing or other winter sports? I'm a huge fan, I've skied since I was two years old, a family tradition, and I absolutely love it.

Looking forward to my first winter with a shaved head. A week ago I was in the sauna at the YMCA and with a shaved head it felt fantastic. I love the culture of winter too, hot tubs, saunas, all day spent in the snow. Love it.

The only thing I'm wondering about is if I'll wear a balaclava or something over my shaved head now for wearing underneath my ski helmet.

anyone else here enjoy winter sports? How do you keep your head warm in the winter?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: LOVE to Ski
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 12:18:55 AM »
I love snow skiing.  For the last 3 years I've worn a helmet while skiing which keeps my head very warm and safe.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

benlen

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 07:29:35 PM »
Thanks for the reply! Do you need to wear anything on your head besides your helmet, like a balaclava or something?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Re: LOVE to Ski
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 09:11:46 PM »
No, I haven't had to.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline christencs

• chch
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • baldymountainbiker
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 01:10:44 PM »
I ' m a fanatic skier, and nowadays I do it with a helmet to protect my shaved head. There are skiing areas however where helmets are seen rarely - Isola 2000 in the Southern French Alps where skiing with a freshly shaved head is an absolute pleasure feeling the speed & wind around your head. Every headache will be blown & your brain will be clear even after 5 glasses of hot wine "glühwein".

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 02:03:15 PM »
Living so close to Lake Tahoe, I used to ski a lot, all the way through college. However, I haven't been on skis in 20 years or so. That one expensive hobby has been replaced by three.... two kids, golf, and The Lovely Mrs. Schro (not necessarily in that order).

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline CowtownBaldie

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 06:21:54 PM »
I live 40 minutes from the Rockies in Alberta Canada and I love to ski too...both downhill and cross country. I wear a thin "beanie" I got at a sports store for ten bucks under my helmet if it is very cold out. Most of the time I just wear the helmet when doing downhill. Cross country I wear a "toque" or cap.