Author Topic: Hat question  (Read 17860 times)

Offline Albert Anthony De Castile

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Hat question
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2013, 11:22:02 PM »
G'day, all ! This being my first posting, I'm going to offer an apology prior to having ( more than probably ) busted any taboos glaringly obvious to others. Hats! I ponder them almost daily. I have a lovely Indiana Jones, high-crowned, brown fedora, and a pile of pedestrian baseball caps. I feel awkward in all of these, though, to be frank. I wear caps, or, the hat, every time I'm outdoors, though. Keen on the avoidance of 'liver spots' on the noggin, and, I'm a mad fan of a white- scalped contrast with a naturally-tanned dial.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2013, 04:52:04 AM »
I avoid hats almost all the time, I like to show off my shiny dome. But in Minnesota, it has gotten pretty cold!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2013, 05:26:52 AM »
I usually wear hats outdoor all the time for two reasons. In the winter in Connecticut it is pretty cold and in the summer, I am avoiding freckling and sun spots on my head. I don't want a ghostly white head so I do expose my head to the sun from time to time to get some color.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2013, 09:55:56 AM »
I don't wear hats much either. I like to have people see my sly shiny dome. I do wear them in the winter when necessary and in the summer to avoid getting too much sun.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2013, 01:23:05 PM »
I almost always wear a hat or cap while out of doors.

I have a large collection of Ivy caps, which are my favorite.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2013, 02:43:23 PM »
Ivy caps are my favorite, too. I wore an Ivy cap or newsboy cap even when I was a teenager, but back then I used to hate what it did to my hair when I took it off! No more worries about that.
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 12:57:21 PM »
Depending on the style of the hat and where you go to get one , go and get your head measured if your in hat store that sales fidoras and hats of that nature. Places ljke walmart and target carry some hats in the mens section, some hats come in t-shirt sizes S/M - M/L - L/XL - XL/XXL and so on. I'd say your best bet is to try on a hat to see if one fits  and looks good on you. The fidora I have is a M/L and is a little small for my head but I wear it anyway, I like looking cool when i'm about plus I were it casually. My other fidora is a S/M but fits my dome ok, nice to look cool every now and than.

Offline Mike E. P.

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2013, 03:53:02 PM »
I also like the pork pie hats. I get a lot of my caps from www.hatsinthebelfry.com
Bronx bald and bred!

Offline David_H

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 03:53:38 PM »
I've never been able to get away with it myself - and yet some people look very stylish indeed!

Offline Tracer

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2013, 03:31:54 AM »
I just wear a desert hat. It's like an ugly cross between a military and outback. Full brim but not cowboy style, probably the most comfortable, functional everyday hat for sly bald guys... Like this but no camoflouge

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2013, 05:37:53 AM »
I also like the pork pie hats. I get a lot of my caps from www.hatsinthebelfry.com

Nice shop.  Took a look. Now need to send the link for Christmas gift suggestions.

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2013, 05:57:45 AM »
My preferred head-wear ,when I wear them are either a stylish baseball cap or warm checked cap. The checked cap I like to wear in the winter or when it is cold as it keeps the cue-ball nice &  warm. Lol !!

Bilko
BaldBill

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2013, 02:21:15 AM »
I wear a beanie in the winter because of cold weather. During the Summer I wear a Kangol about a third of the time the other two thirds I wear no hat but I use a lot of 50SPF.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2013, 03:49:31 AM »
I wore a knitted pull over cap this week as it was cold out, but it got too hot under the hat, sokept taking it off after a few minutes.

Enter your email address: