Author Topic: Baldness and the ladies?  (Read 7561 times)

Offline Chazz

• Sly Guy in Training
Baldness and the ladies?
« on: May 30, 2007, 09:02:59 AM »
Okay so i touched on this topic and i have tried to do some of my own research on this topic and have found varying results so i brought it to the sly guys hope you can help.

First checked the net and found that the answers were positive lots of the ladies found sly guys attractive, but mostly it seems that its not the looks its the confidence so i figure a high confidence sly guy must be attractive right to the girls right???

Next i read that alotof sly guys on here say that their wives preferd them with hair, so i take it that you met when you guys were not sly, but further it seems that many say that when meeting new people they often say that they could not imagine the sly guys with hair, i know this is the case for me when i see your guys photo's. looks rocking.

So i know alot of you guys are married but thought you could post reactions of females that only met you when you were sly.

Respect
The Chazz (sly guy in training) O0

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
Re: Baldness and the ladies?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 09:09:07 AM »
I will be getting married in Sept., but I do love looking at women, especially at the gym!

When I go out, I make sure I am clean all around, smell and sly, and wearing the right clothes, I am sure there are still women that are not attracted to me with the sly as opposed to having hair, but I have had my fair share of women that like the whole package and not just the sly, and some that have come up to me just because of the "SLYNESS"

Confidence is all the key that I have learned, but I have had females that I thought were just not attractive and the rest of my friends thought she/they were smoking hot, it goes both ways...

If you are going to spend your time worrying about it, you will make yourself crazy! :px

BALDANDRE

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 09:25:43 AM »
For me, it seems to actually attract them...not because I'm good looking or anything, more because it gives me a "look" and makes me stand out in a crowd...well maybe not in a group of good looking "sly" dudes, but in a crowd of ordinary joes, yes ;)

Most people that have known me bald have later seen pictures of me with hair and  probably all of them agree they like me with a bald head...female as well as male..

my wife meet me with hair, i decided to grow it out for the wedding...2 months into growing it, my wife said...'it's just not you any more, I like you with the bald head"! O0

It is confidence, but believe me brother, nothing will give you confidence like shaving your head slick, smooth and SLY 8)...trust me and trust everyone here!!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 09:26:19 AM »

If you are going to spend your time worrying about it, you will make yourself crazy! :px

Truer words never spoken, YOSP.  O0
Trying to figure out what attracts one person to another is next to impossible. I can only relay the facts of my situation.

The lovely Mrs. Schro & I met when I had a lot more hair (1993). Obviously, she found me attractive enough to be with me all these years. As I lost the hair, she never really commented on it and never recommended any rugs, treatments, or supplements to try and combat MPB, as I was also OK with it. Now that I am sly, she does not care for my look at all. However, I have had other ladies comment on it with an overwhelmingly positive response. Go figure.

I wish my wife were on board with my look, but she isn't. It's too bad, but it's not enough for me to ditch the sly look. I'm going to be sly for the long haul.  8)

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 09:53:50 AM »
you also have to consider the fact that some women that don't prefer it come from a different era than what is going on now...especially women well into their 30's on up...60's,70's,80's was big hair years..being bald was just not cool at all unless you had a TV show like kojak...the younger women of today see it all the time and are much more accepting and open minded about it because its part of the style of the X and Y generation.

VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 10:06:29 AM »
I wish my wife were on board with my look, but she isn't. It's too bad, but it's not enough for me to ditch the sly look. I'm going to be sly for the long haul.  8)
[/quote]

Spoken like a true man's man Schro...do you think she will ever like it?   

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 10:17:20 AM »
Don't know if she will or not. It's been suggested that I grow it back so she can see the before & after pics. But since my scalp is completely healthy since I've been shaving the dome, I'm really not interested in going back, even if it is to just prove a point.

Now, if I can get myself back to 185 lbs (currently 200), I'd probably wouldn't hear a peep out of her about my sly look.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 10:18:29 AM »

[/quote]

But, weren't you on a system YOSP before? So did it always appear that you had a full head of hair? You know I've NEVER figured out why a women would want a full on MPB dude NOT to shave his head clean... slick bald looks way better than 1/3 balding or 1/2 balding..it's kinda like a mustache looking good :/O!?!

I mean,come on people!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 10:20:58 AM »
Frist off, my wife loves my Sly look.  She would get mad if I grew it out.  After I shaved my head, all of her girl friends couldn't resist coming up and rubbing it.  We weren't married yet when I shaved so I was still going out with the boys quite often.  I had plenty of women who loved the look and told me so.  Strippers seemed to really like it.

I agree with what the others said.  Don't worry about it.  Just be confident and put yourself in the right position to meet women.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 10:22:34 AM »

But, weren't you on a system YOSP before? So did it always appear that you had a full head of hair? You know I've NEVER figured out why a women would want a full on MPB dude NOT to shave his head clean... slick bald looks way better than 1/3 balding or 1/2 balding..it's kinda like a mustache looking good :/O!?!

I mean,come on people!
[/quote]

Yeah, I was on the "system", so she never saw me ww/o hair until I started shaving, I just like what Schro was saying about his wife not liking the "SLY" and his decision to still stay that way...

My fiancee' could care less either way, but if she gets pissed at me, she takes her shot at me and calls me "BALDIE"!

BALDANDRE

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 10:29:57 AM »
Yeah, I was on the "system", so she never saw me ww/o hair until I started shaving, I just like what Schro was saying about his wife not liking the "SLY" and his decision to still stay that way...

My fiancee' could care less either way, but if she gets pissed at me, she takes her shot at me and calls me "BALDIE"!

Yea, that's what I thought (it would be funny to grow it back to the "natural" state for her to see...but DON'T...EVER...even just for kicks

... but,no disrespect meant by it at all when I said it, just i have seen it before a couple times (with people I know), and the girls actually WANT the guys to revert back to MPB...

I think it's to keep the dudes tame and in line ;)...but I do think that is one of the real reasons...so that's gotta tell you somethin'!!! O0

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 10:35:46 AM »
Yea, that's what I thought (it would be funny to grow it back to the "natural" state for her to see...but DON'T...EVER...even just for kicks

... but,no disrespect meant by it at all when I said it, just i have seen it before a couple times (with people I know), and the girls actually WANT the guys to revert back to MPB...

I think it's to keep the dudes tame and in line ;)...but I do think that is one of the real reasons...so that's gotta tell you somethin'!!! O0
[/quote]

I see alot of guys with the MPB look and to me it has to be all or nothing. I am always looking for the crazy combover or the hairpiece now whenever I see someone. I have to laugh now...

I get frustrated because I can't get rid of the horeshoe shadow...I guess its still my vainity :'(   

BALDANDRE

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 10:44:20 AM »
I get frustrated because I can't get rid of the horeshoe shadow...I guess its still my vainity :'(   

You and me both brother!

I get cha on the horseshoe shadow thing...

I am pretty much BBC, but to look at my hairline it looks like i have a bit less than the norwood type #1 balding...ok a norwood #2...

but  have had that hairline all my life....

but YOU vain, because you want your head to look like there is absolutely no hair at all up there...I just  say you're a perfectionist! A SLY purist! O0

Offline Chazz

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 11:02:11 AM »
awesome replys as always guys, guess i just gotta throw on some colour and rock the kelly slater look.

Peace

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 12:41:50 PM »
i'm kinda happy i was single when i shaved it..now when i meet a woman she either likes me as i am..or i tell her to keep steppin...
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Enter your email address: