Poll

How long should my beard go?

6 months
8 months
10 months
1 year
More than 1 year...

Author Topic: 3 Month Beard....  (Read 17145 times)

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
  • Bald and Bearded...and loving it!
3 Month Beard....
« on: November 08, 2012, 03:17:13 PM »
Hi guys, so the beard has been going now since August and the latest photo is attached.....I have committed to growing to at least the end of the year...also I have attached a before beard pic!......which looks best? I have a feeling it will be growing into next year.... :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 06:21:12 PM by F77Scot »

theman

Re: 3 Month Beard....
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 03:23:14 PM »
Bro. that looks great, nice and thick, good color.  Keep going very distinguised !  You get the idea LOL !   ;) 8)

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »
Hi guys, so the bread has been going now since August and the latest photo is attached.....I have committed to growing to at least the end of the year...also I have attached a before beard pic.....which looks best?

Keep going !

Offline waine

• just waine
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Proudly Sly since 30 April 2012.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 02:59:15 AM »
@Scot

I remember clearly when you declared your intention to grow a beard.  Without blowing too much sugar...it REALLY looks good and suits you all the way! I say keep growing it.  It adds so much character to the Sly look.
"Three things you cannot escape; tax, death and dirt..."

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 03:57:38 AM »
@Scot

I remember clearly when you declared your intention to grow a beard.  Without blowing too much sugar...it REALLY looks good and suits you all the way! I say keep growing it.  It adds so much character to the Sly look.

Thanks for your replies guys, Waine thanks for the compliment. As soon as I uploaded the 2 photos I knew which I prefered. I think it is now a question of how much bigger the beard gets rather than going back to having no facial fuzz!

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 09:49:03 AM »
I have a feeling it will be growing into next year.... :)

O0  Good idea.  Every guy should have a big beard at least once in his life. 

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 03:58:36 PM »
If you ever shave that thing off I think we are going to have words haha! That beard looks awesome mate, it really suits you O0

Grow it for as long as you like mate, if you ever find that it is getting too long you can always trim it back to your preferred length.

Offline marshd1000

• Sly Bureau
  • Love your bald noggin, wear a hat in the sun!
    • Christian Chromedomes
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 04:18:33 PM »
I would say to keep the beard growing!  I will  be hitting my 3 month mark on the 22nd.  So I will try to update about my epic beard!

theman

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 04:24:19 PM »
Keep them going Brothers , as you are all looking good !  Sorry I pooped out !  But had fun while I was doing it  ;) 8)  Beards and SLY , go very well together gents !  That and Big Kahuna's !

Offline F77Scot

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »
If you ever shave that thing off I think we are going to have words haha! That beard looks awesome mate, it really suits you

Thanks beardman, I have been waivering recently about whether to keep it or not. I think that the comparison between the two pictures helped me realise I was born to be bearded. Thanks for the support.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 05:08:49 PM »
If you ever shave that thing off I think we are going to have words haha! That beard looks awesome mate, it really suits you

Thanks beardman, I have been waivering recently about whether to keep it or not. I think that the comparison between the two pictures helped me realise I was born to be bearded. Thanks for the support.

No worries mate! I was destined for a beard from a young age. I've had some bearded idols in my past, 2 of my high school teachers had some awesome beards. Then there was one of my favourite parts of history, the Australian Gold Rush, where all the guys rocked some pretty amazing beards, I was certainly born a few centuries too late haha!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 07:50:01 PM »

Thanks beardman, I have been waivering recently about whether to keep it or not.

You've come too far to turn back now.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 07:58:58 PM »

Thanks beardman, I have been waivering recently about whether to keep it or not.

You've come too far to turn back now.

That's it! You are making the life of one little beard a happy one haha, so many are cut down in their prime :P

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 08:02:20 PM »
Whenever I feel like shaving my beard I just play me some great Aussie rock from "The Beards", and it brings back that warm fuzzy feeling  :px

The Beards - Got me a beard: From their latest album

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 08:13:03 PM »
The general rule of thumb for any guy who is thinking of shaving his beard is to wait 24 hours before acting and then see how you feel.  I think it's a wise idea; I shaved mine off on a couple of occasions and regretted it each time.  The last time I grew it back I decided that I would never shave it off again.