Author Topic: What an outrage!!!  (Read 9528 times)

skinheader

What an outrage!!!
« on: November 05, 2012, 07:51:15 PM »
I rang my local wahl distributor about purchasing the wahl professional balding clippers, and was told "They are for businesses only", and was told they do not sell them to the general public in Australia. I was really annoyed because i really wanted to try a pair. I could order one in from the USA off ebay, but i suppose the power cord attatchment would not work in australian sockets

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What an outrage!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 07:57:28 PM »
If you do decide to purchase them, do they sell converters in Australia? When I deployed to the Middle East two years ago, I bought a converter for all of my electronics "from home" Just make sure you read the voltage on the converter and the clippers before using!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

theman

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 07:57:40 PM »
Well that Sucks !   :/O  What they got against Aussies ?  Hope you  told them what they could do with that.   ;) O:O

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 09:07:13 PM »
That's a very strange deal indeed.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 09:08:48 PM »
It is no great loss. I always found them very irritating to the skin.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 05:02:40 AM »
Gee I love Aussie customer service sometimes! We must have some of the worst customer service going around... These days I am amazed when I get good customer service, which I think is a bit backward.

If you order it from US it will have a different plug, you should be able to get a converter pretty easily, although it will end up costing more then the clippers themselves... My boss bought some battery chargers for our 18v power tools at work earlier this year, not realising he had to get a converter... they are quite a monstrosity...But he probably got the cheapest nastiest one he could find knowing him lol!

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 05:27:16 AM »
Try ordering them through a source in New Zealand. I have a great many friends there and on those occasions when gifts-or whatever-are required, I ring through from either here or my other home in Argentina and get really grand service.
Decades ago when I had reason to be in Australia-generally around Melbourne-things were very much different. I could walk from the Southern Cross Hotel to Flinders Street Station and merchants who happened to be at their door routinely wished me a good day.
I say this without fear of contradiction but...most persons selling things generally welcome one's trade, indeed they rely on it to stay in business.
I own a pair of balding clippers and would agree that they will win no awards for design, however they do what they promise to do. For reasons we needn't delve into, best not to use them on any part of you South of your waist and North of your knees; They feature a non-yielding, very sharp blade that does not adapt at all to inversions in the skin.  PJ

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 12:39:42 AM »
Blitzed, it has only really been in the past few years I've been starting to notice the service getting worse. It really depends on where I am going and what I am doing. If I am in a "normal store" I tend to get mostly average service. If I go to a specialty store, like for my metal gear or alternative, I tend to get really good service. I don't do phone calls unless I absolutely have too, I don't really like talking on the phone at the best of times, let alone with strangers.

On the topic of clippers in the nether regions... I'd never dream of it... it is just asking to be bitten!

Offline ri-01

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »
Try the 'shavershop', they are generally in most of the large Westfield shopping centres. If not, go on their website and buy online.

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 06:02:51 AM »
Try the 'shavershop', they are generally in most of the large Westfield shopping centres. If not, go on their website and buy online.

I have no idea what the person you were talking to was going on about???
I'm in Australia and I got mine from "Shaver Shop" and until I turned sly I absolutely loved them

Here you go...

http://www.shavershop.com.au/products/hair-clippers/baldfader
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 02:51:18 PM »
great video crowbar, nice guy on the video, that should be the solution

Offline Crowbar

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »
great video crowbar, nice guy on the video, that should be the solution

Lol I freaked out when I first read your reply bud, I was thinking wtf? What video??? I didn't put a video up???? Eeek! :)

Hmmm I am sure that link originally went straight to the actual baldfader clippers, oh well at least the video is on topic kind of.

Here is the current link to the baldfader clippers, they work far better than the standard wahl clippers. This is because the have a completely different set of cutting blades which are much finer and thinner and they are set up to cut super close (although by loosening the screws on the set of cutting blades you can easily adjust this, then re tighten the screws. Or just wack a 1/16" comb on)

http://www.shavershop.com.au/online-store/hair-clippers/wahl-clipp-wa79111-balder.html

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 06:52:43 PM by crowbar »
and the end of our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time

Offline bud

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2013, 04:46:37 PM »
is a good video O0

Offline madskillz

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 06:44:58 PM »
Is there much difference between the 'professional balding' and the 'balder'?
The 'balding' are available in aus, about $25 more than the 'balder' but can't seem to find out what the differences are? From what I've seen they have different part numbers for the blades. Possibly different motor aswel? Links below of both

Onto my second remingtons and they're just about shot. Only started going no guard in the last 18months so thought it might be time to get something decent

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VVT94G/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000VVT94G&linkCode=as2&tag=bestmyspacepr-20
http://www.shavershop.com.au/online-store/hair-clippers/wahl-clipp-wa79111-balder.html

Enter your email address: