Author Topic: Do bandanas match hair in keeping in heat?  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
Do bandanas match hair in keeping in heat?
« on: October 25, 2012, 06:18:09 PM »
3rd day sly.

So, with winter coming, I'm wondering whether a bandana tied in a durag style can match my hair(currently in a garbage bag) in keeping in heat. Even if it's close, that would be good--I overheat really easily, even during the winter, and I think having a shaved head will actually help me control my body heat more easily.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:22:04 PM by Chris_John »

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Do bandanas match hair in keeping in heat?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:57:36 PM »
a bandana and hair are two different things but will serve the same purpose of keeping your head warm this winter. I would have suggested a beanie but since you say you overheat easily, the bandana could do the trick.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline BaldMike

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »
I remember someone telling me about wearing a silk wrap of some sort to keep his dome warm.  Guys we works with made fun of him, but it kept him warm.

Slynito

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »
I remember someone telling me about wearing a silk wrap of some sort to keep his dome warm.  Guys we works with made fun of him, but it kept him warm.

If you don't mind killin' them lil' worms silk is good for layering...natural, warm and it wicks.

O0

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
Beanies are nice when it's really cold--but until it drops below freezing it's really not that much of an issue.  The only other times I feel cold is at the gym early in the morning in the aerobic room where they really chill it at night during the summer to keep it bearable through the day in summer--a beanie can ward off a brain freeze when you start sweating and the fans are stirring up a cool breeze.  And, in some hotels the a/c units seem to blow right on the beds--sometimes keeping a beanie handy can help if it gets too cold. 

Enter your email address: