Author Topic: Yankees spanked.  (Read 5759 times)

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
Yankees spanked.
« on: October 19, 2012, 08:15:58 AM »
  It was great to see the Tigers smack the Yankees all around ...............I know the Yanks had some injuries and a few of their boys were m.i.a.   Looks like a great series shaping up against the Cardinals...........up 3-1,or maybe the Giants.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Yankees spanked.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 04:38:22 PM »
Yankees definitely got spanked.  It goes to show you that $$$$$ can't buy championships.  Detroit has a helluva pitching staff and a lineup.  They will be tough to beat.  B.Driscoll... I know you are happy. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 07:28:40 PM »
I think the Orioles series wore their asses out. Long games against great pitching put them in a hitting funk.

Congrats to the Tigers!!... with a great assist from the O's.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 06:21:36 AM »
  Yes sir,  the Orioles did wear out the Yankees. I think that with a healthy Markakis that Baltimore could have beaten them. Enjoy the series!

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 06:25:48 AM »
Yes I am happy for the Tigers Mr. Warhawk, and I hope this time the Tigers show up against their opponent unlike in '06. The Giants won last night so it's 3-2.............either way Detroit will  get another shot at a w.s. title.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2012, 06:26:52 AM »
One Evil Empire down (Yankees), one more to go (Giants).

Go Cards!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2012, 06:33:03 AM »
I'm loving the Tigers in the Series.

I admire what the Cards have done post "Albert". Just shows that no one player makes a team in baseball.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 06:52:13 AM »
Regarding the Yankees...you can't buy heart.

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 10:37:35 AM »
It looked like they were completely out of it, like their minds were elsewhere. Detroit is a good team, that's for sure. But it felt like something else was going on. Baltimore would have given Detroit a better run for it, as Baltimore showed up, whereas the Yankees did not. After DJ got injured, there was ZERO inspiration.

Too bad "The Boss" passed away. heads would already be rolling. Instead, he's rolling in his grave.

Bald since 2005, showing it off since 2011.

marty22

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 12:16:17 PM »
I saw them in SPring Training in Tampa Plano. Only A-Rod was hitting then. They plain old stunk.  Oh well!

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 02:15:46 PM »
It looked like they were completely out of it, like their minds were elsewhere. Detroit is a good team, that's for sure. But it felt like something else was going on. Baltimore would have given Detroit a better run for it, as Baltimore showed up, whereas the Yankees did not. After DJ got injured, there was ZERO inspiration.

Too bad "The Boss" passed away. heads would already be rolling. Instead, he's rolling in his grave.

If the Yankees had the heart of the A's (ya know, the team that played better than they actually are), they'd be in the World Series.

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »

If the Yankees had the heart of the A's (ya know, the team that played better than they actually are), they'd be in the World Series.

Without question. They're the best team in the MLB year in and year out, just had ZERO heart and just looked like they didn't care and were ready to get the season over with. Like they weren't even trying. It was quite strange.

Team is unstoppable when they all are clicking, but it seem when they're cold, they're ICE cold

marty22

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 04:56:45 PM »
There is always next year!

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 05:06:32 PM »

Without question. They're the best team in the MLB year in and year out, just had ZERO heart and just looked like they didn't care and were ready to get the season over with. Like they weren't even trying. It was quite strange.

Team is unstoppable when they all are clicking, but it seem when they're cold, they're ICE cold

Spoken like a true NYY fan.

Offline Plano

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 05:32:58 PM »

Spoken like a true NYY fan.

Spoken like a true human with a brain and common sense. Who's the favorite EVERY YEAR?

/endthread.