Author Topic: Coffee mans best friend.  (Read 42181 times)

theman

Coffee mans best friend.
« on: October 15, 2012, 02:50:31 PM »
Love my coffee.  I enjoy good roasted and perked.  Like it mainly in the am but any other time also.  Any other SLY members enjoy their coffee, or tea for that matter?

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Coffee mans best friend.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 03:19:26 PM »
Yeah, I've gotta have a cup or two of coffee every morning or I start feeling like something's missing.
Hair is over rated.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 03:32:22 PM »
I think I hqve worn out 3 or 4 Keurig machines.

theman

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 05:25:52 PM »
I think I hqve worn out 3 or 4 Keurig machines.
  I have heard alot of good things about these machines,  I like the fact that you can make a cup at a time.  But I sure would like them to come down in price.  Cheapest I have seen them around here is about $119.00.  And that was at Sam's Club.

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: Coffee mans best friend.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 05:55:52 PM »
Without a doubt...Gotta have the "Go Juice" to start my morning!

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 07:03:11 PM »
I never drank coffee until about two years ago, never liked it. For some reason, at the age of 50, I developed a love of coffee.

But I freely admit that I am a coffee snob... no Folger's or Maxwell House for me. I buy my coffee from an actual coffee roasting shop and sip it not gulp it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Bluebriz

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 07:35:52 PM »
I never liked coffee either until summer 2010.  I was visiting a friend who got me to try an iced cappuccino, then cafe latte, and within a few months black filter coffee.  I have a NescafĂ© barista at home and a Dolce Gusto in my office!

Offline b.driscoll

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 07:54:45 PM »
  Absolutely love it............everything from the way it is harvested and how I won't start my day without it.   Just regular coffee WITH caffeine ............and cream & sugar.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 10:18:39 PM »
I like iced coffee as I prefer my beverages cold. I also have a Keurig and love it.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 02:01:54 AM »
I love coffee drinking one now , but after 1200 its earl grey tea unlessim in Germany , 3pm Schone Kaffee time .reccommend you guys listen to JS Bachs coffe cantata its a sort of 17th century jingo in deutshe but you can get a translation

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 02:03:48 AM »
I like iced coffee as I prefer my beverages cold. I also have a Keurig and love it.

Yes love Berlin iced coffee , cafe berio , also black iced coffe at Masada , Israel .

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2012, 03:10:44 AM »
Coffee must be made from freshly ground beans.

Bold flavor

Hot.

I love the aroma.

Sometimes if the ground are not fresh, I'll just be for the smell and dump the coffee.

Time to make some now.

Offline baldOUfan

• Sly Okie
  • Sly
  • Boomer Sooner
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 04:04:22 AM »
I never was into hot coffee till now I am drinking Maxwell House French Roast  would like to buy whole beans and grind em myself reccomend a certain bean?

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 04:07:31 AM »
Once upon a time I used to grind my beans, but since I bought them in large size bags, they appeared to lose quality as they sat, even unground.

I'm afraid that I have slumped to pre-ground stuff, in small containers.  I find "Folger's" about as good as any, and really not much worse than the beans I used to grind--they have a variety of supposedly different styles of grind available, but they are all "OK-ish" to me.

I am no coffee maven.  I do drink it black and sugarless--about the only thing I put in my mouth besides water that has zero calories.

I've tried a French Press, I've tried a drip pot; I've tried an Italian espresso maker (the kind you sit on the burner), I've even used a percolator.  But a Black and Decker automatic brewer is what I use now.  Time to go get another cup and make breakfast.

Forum seems faster... but still slower than it was.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 07:15:04 AM »
Once upon a time I used to grind my beans, but since I bought them in large size bags, they appeared to lose quality as they sat, even unground.

I'm afraid that I have slumped to pre-ground stuff, in small containers.  I find "Folger's" about as good as any, and really not much worse than the beans I used to grind--they have a variety of supposedly different styles of grind available, but they are all "OK-ish" to me.

I am no coffee maven.  I do drink it black and sugarless--about the only thing I put in my mouth besides water that has zero calories.

I've tried a French Press, I've tried a drip pot; I've tried an Italian espresso maker (the kind you sit on the burner), I've even used a percolator.  But a Black and Decker automatic brewer is what I use now.  Time to go get another cup and make breakfast.

Forum seems faster... but still slower than it was.
Sounds wonderful Ming ,
Black and Decker , i thought they made drills and saws ! My 1930, s kitchen has not got room for gadgets .Ive gotta grinder and a kibrik , the small pot ,long handle used for making turkish coffee

Enter your email address: