Author Topic: Getting back to Lifting Weights.  (Read 2638 times)

theman

Getting back to Lifting Weights.
« on: October 10, 2012, 05:34:34 PM »
I am looking forward to getting back to lifting weights.  Due to a Fx of might right wrist that was open and such I have not done so since August 3 when this happened.  It has been a royal pain.  Oh well stuff happens. It messed up my golfing, etc..  So come the 17th , I get this splint off.  Had 2 long pins and 4 Long Screws .  They wanted to take me back into surgery for super XXXX amount of dollars.  I told my Doc. take them out in the office.  Well gonna hurt ,  ;D Ya right, it felt good when I broke it to . ;) :px  So he said he would try and he could stop at any time.   Gotter done and it was the price of a office call. 

Sorry, got off track , that is what happen's when you have CRS ! 

So looking forward to getting back lifting, swimming, etc..

Diet ,  ya right.  At my age gonna eat what I want, when I want and enjoy!  Just can't eat as much which is not that bad  ;D  !

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: Getting back to Lifting Weights.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 01:41:02 AM »
Glad to hear you have mended up nicely and are looking to get into lifting again. Just remember to take it really easy, your wrist isn't going to be as strong as it used to be initially, and the rest of your body would have lost some conditioning too, so make sure you go really light, and be prepared for a long recovery. It has been 2 months or so since I hurt my shoulder and I am still not 100%. But I am getting back to my old numbers ever so slowly.

I personally would have had the surgery haha!

I don't really believe in dieting, obviously I'll stay away from the unhealthy stuff most of the time, but if I feel like something I'll just eat it anyway, just not a massive serving of it like I probably would have a few years ago.

If you like, jump across to the October Sly Fitness Challenge and join in the fun there, as a collective we have been getting some really good results the past few months, with lots of support and encouragement to  be had  O0

theman

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 11:31:38 AM »
Thank You Beardman,  good advice.  And I will do that.

Offline bobster

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »
Sorry to burst your bubble but nutrition is key lol

theman

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 09:47:07 AM »
bobster,  You do have a good point and don't worry about my bubble lol I has been popped several times lol.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 11:22:45 AM »
Your ahead of me in many ways with weights and stuff , seen to many guys ending up having surgery after free weights ,

theman

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 11:46:22 AM »
I can believe that , alot overdo it.  A good excercise is swimming also.  Our bro. Ming stated he likes the water.  It may even be safer that weight training.  Of course you must know how to swim  ;D ;D Laughter is the best medicine.

Offline jorgea

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 12:08:09 PM »
That sounds like something to look forward to.

Enter your email address: