Author Topic: argh - buzzed for first time? Does it suit?  (Read 8002 times)

Offline kitesurfer27

• Learning the way of Sly
argh - buzzed for first time? Does it suit?
« on: September 28, 2012, 02:08:12 AM »
As the topic mentioned -been balding for five years . finally got the courage up and drunk enough to buzz it all off this morning - have i made a horrible mistake? please be brutally honest!!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: argh - buzzed for first time? Does it suit?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 02:59:16 AM »
No, good decision.  I'm thinking you should shave it even closer.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline kitesurfer27

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 03:03:29 AM »
yeh me too... that was a two on top, one on side, thinking going one all over/ no guard all over - thoughts?

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 03:54:45 AM »
Ben, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!  You're on the right track.  Just cut your hair shorter.  Matter of fact, shave it all off with a blade.  O0

Red
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 04:04:05 AM »
I'm with Red. If you're asking for brutal honesty, your MPB has progressed too far to hide, and shaving to the skin would really complete the look and help you look younger again. The buzz looks great, but I reckon you'd look awesome fully bald

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 04:12:59 AM »
I'm in the same crowd ... use the clippers to clear away all that you can and then experience a real shave with a blade. You'll look great - good coloring, great shape, terrific face. You're a natural for the shaved look, which around here we call 'Sly.'

And while you are at it, commit to the 30 days rule: Shave daily for 30 days - this gives you scalp time to toughen which will make shaving easier, you will develop the natural motor skills for shaving, it will reduce the time it takes, it will become part of your normal daily routine, and it gives you and others time to become accustomed to the "real" you. After 30 days you can reassess whether to maintain the shaved style or let it grow out a little to a buzz. Most here will tell you they prefer  the BBS (baby buttt smooth) look.

And, continue posting here - ask questions, tell of your successes, how about reactions from others? It's a great experience and you'll feel great sharing it with the Sly community.

Welcome ... I think you've found "your" new hairstyle.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 04:15:16 AM »
Brutally honest?

It will look and feel best when you get the razor out and finish the haircut.  Shave it all off.

You look excellent. Rock the 'nearly bald' look.  But it still shows the balding pattern.  That will be less obvious when you shave it bald.  

This photo give you a good idea of how you will look bald. There's not much difference in the LOOK. From a distance, you'll look bald. But up close you're not.  I was stuck at your length for a few months.  Then got the razor out.  Never gone back to hair.  Bald feels too good each morning.

Good job on the short buzz.  It's OK to continue to sly.  Welcome.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 04:19:09 AM »
yeh me too... that was a two on top, one on side, thinking going one all over/ no guard all over - thoughts?

Your suggestion is too conservative.  Sure you can take this step, but you won't be satisfied until you shave bald for 30 days.

If you don't like it, it will grow back.  It will probably take less than 1 week to be back to a #1 buzz.  So it's a quick fix if you feel it's a disaster .... but.  Read the comments on this site. Almost every guy says, "I should have gone sly sooner", "Why did I wait?", I should have done this years ago.

You can add your similar statement when you shave bald.

Offline leighmundo40

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 05:29:48 AM »
I actually think it looks good as it is, but there would be no harm in trying what the others have suggested providing you are happy with it.

Let us know!

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 05:48:38 AM »
Welcome and breakout the razor. It'll look fantastic.

Offline hotrn

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 06:35:17 AM »
I agree with the guys. Break out the razor and it will look even better than it already does!
There's a bald hearted dude waiting to get out!

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 06:41:15 AM »
Hi Ben,

You really should shave it.  You won't believe the difference it makes.  You are a handsome guy, go all the way you will love it believe me!  :)

Andrei

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 08:33:14 AM »
Welcome!

I'm sure the buzz is an improvement.
Don't stop half way: go with the razor (no guard clippers first and then razor).

Offline philp

• Sly
    • Young Hair Loss
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 08:59:10 AM »
Looks great. If you're cool with it, keep it. You can also let yourself adjust to the look a bit before going a step further. I wouldn't be too concerned about hiding your mpb - that seems like a silly motivation. You should be comfortable in your own skin, that's the bottom line.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »
Welcome to the group and a no guard buzz would be a great next step.

Enter your email address: